Michigan Lawmakers announce Civil Air Patrol Employee Protection Act

Started by Bulls729, May 05, 2015, 02:14:04 AM

lordmonar

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on May 14, 2015, 09:35:25 PM
Quote from: lordmonar on May 14, 2015, 05:29:43 AM
If your company wants to/needs to fire you or lay you off.....they are [hopefully] going to IAW with any laws or contracts or policies that apply.

Fact of life with living in a capitalist society.

AD is not the Corporate/Blue/White Collar World. Admittedly I'm a "pup" in terms of work experience so far, but even in my short time I've heard plenty of horror stories. Are most managers/owners reasonable? Of course. Are there some who are abusive of the system? Definitely.
No....not HOPEFULLY....if they violate the law or break a contract sue them.   Please don't put words into my mouth.

And what does AD have to do with what I said?
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: lordmonar on May 14, 2015, 09:52:07 PM
Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on May 14, 2015, 09:35:25 PM
Quote from: lordmonar on May 14, 2015, 05:29:43 AM
If your company wants to/needs to fire you or lay you off.....they are [hopefully] going to IAW with any laws or contracts or policies that apply.

Fact of life with living in a capitalist society.

AD is not the Corporate/Blue/White Collar World. Admittedly I'm a "pup" in terms of work experience so far, but even in my short time I've heard plenty of horror stories. Are most managers/owners reasonable? Of course. Are there some who are abusive of the system? Definitely.
No....not HOPEFULLY....if they violate the law or break a contract sue them.   Please don't put words into my mouth.

And what does AD have to do with what I said?

Because AD may be IAW. In the world of "business"? There's a reason HR departments exist. Usually to keep managers from making a company liable for a lawsuit. Most business owners/managers simply do not, and cannot know ALL applicable laws and policies...that's just a reality.