Speeches

Started by rcl, March 22, 2015, 09:01:53 PM

rcl

I'm to come up with a speech about anything having to do with CAP... Any suggestions? I can't seem to get the ball rolling. Thanks :)

SarDragon

Cadet or senior member?

How long have you been a member?

Do you have an interesting CAP experience you can talk about?

That's a start.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Flying Pig

Just anything about CAP?   One of CAPs former a national commanders just passed away.   BG Warren J Berry.  Do a short speech about him. 

Public Affairs Guy

First, identify the audience you will be speaking to. What do they already likely know about CAP; a lot, some, a little, nothing? That will largely determine your content. Second, how much time do you have? Time constraints can also limit the scope of your talk. Third, will you have supporting graphics? They too can eat up some time as the audience looks/reads them. Go with a brief background on the founding of CAP in 1941 and it's WWII role. Talk about how CAP is organized in the continental US. Talk a bit about the three missions; ES, Cadet Programs and AE. Focus on ES, SAR, Humanitarian Assistance, etc. Hope this helps get you started. 
Bruce Kipp, MAJ, CAP

abdsp51

Im going to take a stab and say this is a speech for the Armstrong achievement.  If that is the case then there are set topics that are to be used.  The topics can be found at capmembers.com/cadet_programs/stripes_to_diamonds.  Look for the Armstrong achievement and it will list the applicable topics.

Flying Pig

If all else fails, Do a speech about me.  "The Pig, my life as bacon."

Spam

Or me!  "The Pig in a can - meat wall to wall"!

V/R,
Spam

(No, seriously, if this is one of the mandatory cadet speeches, you only have 3 authorized topics per the regs, go look it up).

CadetSnuffy

Quote from: Spam on March 24, 2015, 07:12:49 PM
Or me!  "The Pig in a can - meat wall to wall"!

V/R,
Spam

(No, seriously, if this is one of the mandatory cadet speeches, you only have 3 authorized topics per the regs, go look it up).
You might have more luck running that in an advertisement.
There are two types of countries, those that use the metric system, then that one that has been to the moon.