Pointer 6000 power requirement?

Started by GaryJSO, February 12, 2015, 04:11:09 PM

GaryJSO

I'm looking for the power requirement for the Pointer 6000 Practice Beacon.  The closest thing I could find to technical specs for the 6000 were on http://www.cap-es.net/ (thanks again to Scott Lanis for what, despite the lack of recent updates, is still the most comprehensive source for CAP SAR info on the web).  And that showed it will accept a range of different input voltages, but not how much current it will draw.  I've got a project in mind around the Pointer to make it a better DF training tool for (not saying what till I see if the bits work as intended in the real world, except that what I'm trying for isn't in Scott practice beacon mod list) but I'd like to be able to compute the total power draw to more accurately estimate battery life in different configurations.

So, anybody know how much current the Pointer 6000 draws at 7.5VDC?  Thanks in advance!

Offutteer

NIN

Quote from: Offutteer on February 12, 2015, 07:46:20 PM
"Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes."

Why is there no "like" button on this?
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Al Sayre

Average "C" cell is 6000 mA Hrs, and a Pointer pratice beacon usually runs about 3 days on a home made 5 x "C" cell battery pack.  6000 mA Hrs/ 72 hrs = 83.33 mA @ 7.5 Vdc
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787