Main Menu

Hock Shop/CAP tapes

Started by The Admiral, April 21, 2007, 06:31:07 PM

The Admiral

i couldn't find a very recent thread on this... but i have to share my recent experience.
before doing much research, i decided that the best place to order from was the Hock Shop, because of rumors i have heard about vanguard and such. Well i made the mistake of ordering a name tape with my last name "THORDERSON" on the order. when the tapes came (rather quickly, actually) they said "THORDENSON". apparently "r" looks a lot like "n" in lower case. >.<
So should i give the hock another chance, or should i order the tapes from vanguard? also, should i bother ordering US Civil Air Patrol tapes?
Cross into the Blue!

Pumbaa

CAll Tom.. Also check your order receipt and see what you typed...  If TOm made the error he will fix it for you.

The Admiral

i did check the reciept, and the receipt was right.
Cross into the Blue!

Pylon

Quote from: The Admiral on April 21, 2007, 07:42:18 PM

Call him on Monday; he'll fix it and ship new ones out to you, for sure.

For nametapes, though, I've had much better luck with another vendor.  My squadron uses them all the time, for all of our nametape orders.  Only $1 a tape, no minimums, and $1.50 flat to ship them all anywhere in the U.S.   The quality is great, speed is pretty good too.  Never had a quality or mis-spelling issue.   The guy also indicated to me on my last phone call that if he were to get a C&D order from CAP legal he'd tell them to shove it, which makes me smile.   :D   PM me if you want their name and contact info.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

DNall

Quote from: Pylon on April 21, 2007, 09:36:24 PM

For nametapes, though, I've had much better luck with another vendor.  My squadron uses them all the time, for all of our nametape orders.  Only $1 a tape, no minimums, and $1.50 flat to ship them all anywhere in the U.S.   The quality is great, speed is pretty good too.  Never had a quality or mis-spelling issue.   The guy also indicated to me on my last phone call that if he were to get a C&D order from CAP legal he'd tell them to shove it, which makes me smile.   :D   PM me if you want their name and contact info.
Second.

Eclipse

Third on the alternate vendor...

With respect to a mistake by the Hock, Lord knows I'm no fan of that vendor, but give the guy a break.

Let him fix the error and then hang him out to dry if he doesn't step up....

"That Others May Zoom"

acarlson

Quote from: DNall on April 21, 2007, 09:38:08 PM

For nametapes, though, I've had much better luck with another vendor.  My squadron uses them all the time, for all of our nametape orders.  Only $1 a tape, no minimums, and $1.50 flat to ship them all anywhere in the U.S.   The quality is great, speed is pretty good too.  Never had a quality or mis-spelling issue.   The guy also indicated to me on my last phone call that if he were to get a C&D order from CAP legal he'd tell them to shove it, which makes me smile.   :D   PM me if you want their name and contact info.
Second.

Fourth!   The Hock Shop does err... but I have always... I repeat ALWAYS.. got the error corrected ... and very quickly!   The Hock Shop ROCKS!     Vanguard socks !
Annette Carlson, 1Lt CAP
PDO, PAO, Pers, & Historian
Doylestown Composite Squadron 907
Doylestown PA

DesertFlyer

Anybody know of a good vendor for the Leather name tags for flight suits?  Hock doesn't sell them and folks in our wing say Vanguard just plain isn't delivering.
Lt Col Dave Finley, CAP
Socorro Composite Squadron
New Mexico Wing

Semper Fidelis -- Semper Vigilans

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

afgeo4

For nametapes, though, I've had much better luck with another vendor.  My squadron uses them all the time, for all of our nametape orders.  Only $1 a tape, no minimums, and $1.50 flat to ship them all anywhere in the U.S.   The quality is great, speed is pretty good too.  Never had a quality or mis-spelling issue.   The guy also indicated to me on my last phone call that if he were to get a C&D order from CAP legal he'd tell them to shove it, which makes me smile.   :D   PM me if you want their name and contact info.

He will also make U.S. Civil Air Patrol tapes on request as he did for me.
GEORGE LURYE

mdickinson

Typos happen. Rather than posting when you received the erroneous name tape, I would have let the vendor know about the error and give him a week to get you a replacement, then post about your experience.

I placed an online order with The Hock Shop on Tuesday - and was floored when the merchandise arrived at my door on Wednesday afternoon!

afgeo4

Quote from: mdickinson on May 04, 2007, 06:45:52 PM
Typos happen. Rather than posting when you received the erroneous name tape, I would have let the vendor know about the error and give him a week to get you a replacement, then post about your experience.

I placed an online order with The Hock Shop on Tuesday - and was floored when the merchandise arrived at my door on Wednesday afternoon!

Welcome to the board, sir.
GEORGE LURYE