can you put cap ribbons on military uniform

Started by cadet RAFT, SHAWN, January 15, 2015, 06:39:28 PM

Flying Pig

Quote from: PHall on January 17, 2015, 01:55:22 AM
Quote from: Flying Pig on January 17, 2015, 12:51:14 AM
I got my Good Cookie by the skin of my teeth >:D

Seems to be a challange to get your Good Conduct Medal in the Corps. But they also hand out NJP by the metric crapton too.
About the only place you see that in the Air Force is the cops.

Yeah.... I resemble that remark!  Hazing.......  Yep.  :)  And Id do it again.  "OMG" you say.  Thrashing a Marine for losing his M16, that I, as his Plt Sgt, located leaning against a tree in the barracks area.  Not reporting that he had lost it and failed to turn it into the armory and ending with me standing next to his personal car with it slung over my shoulder in the parking lot as he's getting ready to leave for his 96.... still having not reported that he'd failed to turn in his rifle to the armory. 

Me:  Do you want to take this to the 1st Sgt or deal with it now?

Him:  Deal with it now Sgt.

Me:  Start pushing.... leg lifts, push ups, side straddle hops...push ups... on your back....leg lifts, etc etc.  In the parking lot with him in his jeans and t-shirt.  This went on for about 15 minutes which luckily corresponded with complete muscle failure on his part.  We then had some words about the negative aspects of lying and more importantly, lying to me and also the detrimental nature of an infantryman losing his rifle. 

He goes on his 96, deal is over and I even offer to turn in his rifle so he can get out of town...no hard feelings.  A week later he reports me to JAG for hazing.  2 weeks restriction to the barracks and 2 weeks forfeiture of pay.  Do you think anything came up about him failing to report missing his rifle?  Nope.  No good deed goes unpunished. 

Flying Pig

I wont even go into what the phrase "take it to the tree line" means  >:D

SaBeR33

Seems to be a challange to get your Good Conduct Medal in the Corps. But they also hand out NJP by the metric crapton too.

And maintenance too!  :D (I'm a former C-17 crew chief who never received any NJP, but saw many guys receive it.)

PHall

Quote from: SaBeR33 on January 17, 2015, 07:22:01 PM

And maintenance too!  :D (I'm a former C-17 crew chief who never received any NJP, but saw many guys receive it.)

I never saw many maintenance guys get wacked that much. Biggest reason I saw for a NJP was getting a DUI. (Former C-141 FE.)

SaBeR33

Quote from: PHall on January 17, 2015, 08:08:41 PM
Quote from: SaBeR33 on January 17, 2015, 07:22:01 PM

I never saw many maintenance guys get wacked that much. Biggest reason I saw for a NJP was getting a DUI. (Former C-141 FE.)

I'm surprised you didn't see it or it was just the knuckleheads I served with, but then again I noticed flyers didn't hangout with us much on station. Oh, and Phil, I already knew you were a C-141 FE since we met long ago when I was a cadet in Hemet, CA, while you were stationed at the former Norton AFB. Small world, huh?

abdsp51

In regard to NJP I have seen Port Dawgs, Cops, MX and com get a lot of triple nickels.  Most of the time it's a smack on the wrist unless your a cop then the book is literally thrown at you.

LTCinSWR

Do yourself a bigger favor - don't ask your TI anything at Lackland.  In fact, try as hard as you can not to have your TI notice you at all.

Trust me.

Jack
[/quote]

+1!
If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
John Quincy Adams

L.A. Nelson Lt. Col. CAP
Homeland Security Officer
NM Wing Headquarters

AlphaSigOU

How not to become a 'TI target' at Happy Valley:

Screw up by the numbers.
Admit that you are/were a member of CAP/JROTC/Boy Scouts.
Pay a visit to the TI 'snake pit'

Trust me... they already have info on you. There's no need to advertise.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on January 17, 2015, 10:47:58 PM

How can one actively avoid that?  I had to walk past it every time I was at the Dining Hall...thankfully I never got the full "treatment."
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: CyBorg on January 18, 2015, 11:22:48 PM

How can one actively avoid that?  I had to walk past it every time I was at the Dining Hall...thankfully I never got the full "treatment."

Don't make yourself a target... it's too late when a TI looks at you, points and yells "YO, HERO! DRIVE YOURSELF OVER HERE!!!"
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

LTCinSWR

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on January 19, 2015, 12:18:51 AM
Don't make yourself a target... it's too late when a TI looks at you, points and yells "YO, HERO! DRIVE YOURSELF OVER HERE!!!"

'Abandon all hope, ye who enter here...'
If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
John Quincy Adams

L.A. Nelson Lt. Col. CAP
Homeland Security Officer
NM Wing Headquarters

PHall

Travel in groups. Gives them more targets! >:D

TheTravelingAirman

Anyone remember doing EC (entry controller) and having the late lunch?

I had that. Only person in the Chow Line. As I hit the snake pit, I hook a left, march a few steps, hook another left. I promptly stop at the (unused) condiment island. There is one of the female Airmen there, doing her Chow Hall cleaning detail. She's scrubbing a stain behind the island, completely hidden from view from the TIs. They see me stop randomly (patiently awaiting her job completion). They lose their bloody minds.

I cannot recreate the stuff I heard. 4 guys going nuts at once from 50 feet away probably doesn't help.

I look down at her with a look of "PLEASE DON'T GET ME KILLED" and get a very sheepish "sorry" look in return. She manages to finish after an eternity (30 seconds?) of them eating, yelling, and eating. She stands up, bright red, and scampers off. They begin to laugh, and I carry on.

Memories.

flyboy53

Quote from: PHall on January 19, 2015, 02:16:23 AM

Or have a friend shake things up for you. Third week a basic for me, a friend in Indiana sent an envelope with photos. The TI thought it was contraband and had me open it in front of him.  Inside was a photo of me standing in front of a KC-97 on the ramp at Grissom AFB, dressed in an orange flight suit wearing CAP insignia -- close enough to see the lieutenant bars, but far enough away that you really couldn't read the patches.

Made basic interesting from that point forward. Afterward, I learned from the TI and BMTS squadron first shirt that they thought I was planted by OSI.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: flyboy53 on January 19, 2015, 12:27:51 PM
Or have a friend shake things up for you. Third week a basic for me, a friend in Indiana sent an envelope with photos. The TI thought it was contraband and had me open it in front of him.  Inside was a photo of me standing in front of a KC-97 on the ramp at Grissom AFB, dressed in an orange flight suit wearing CAP insignia -- close enough to see the lieutenant bars, but far enough away that you really couldn't read the patches.

Made basic interesting from that point forward. Afterward, I learned from the TI and BMTS squadron first shirt that they thought I was planted by OSI.

It would have been interesting to be a fly on the wall to see that.

My MTI was former SP.  If I had done that, he probably would have had me incarcerated for impersonating an Air Force officer.  However, he also wasn't the brightest bulb in the pack.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Flying Pig

OSI plant?  That should have made basic pretty easy for you.  I would have ridden that pony all the way to the finish line  >:D

Майор Хаткевич

He did say it was interesting from then on, and he didn't find out until later. :)

More stories there perhaps.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Flying Pig on January 19, 2015, 04:36:38 PM

OSI plant?  That should have made basic pretty easy for you.  I would have ridden that pony all the way to the finish line  >:D

Like using your patio time to make "calls" and saying cryptic things just vague enough to keep you out of trouble yet making any overhearing MTI's sweat...

It can be done.  At one of my jobs I had this very sweet, young Egyptian girl actually thinking I was an android.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

RogueLeader

Another tip is to "forget" any drill that you happen to know, particularly the more advanced drill, until they teach it to you.

2008 Army BCT, Ft Sill OK, I was, unfortunately, front and center of the Platoon when Drill Sergeant Greenwell called out: At Close Intervals, Dress Right DRESS."  I automatically carried out the order- not thinking at all- as he hadn't taught how to execute it yet.  He calls out: PFC Seng! How did you know to do that?  At that point, I had to disclose my CAP affiliation.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

SarDragon

Quote from: RogueLeader on January 21, 2015, 01:22:16 AM
Another tip is to "forget" any drill that you happen to know, particularly the more advanced drill, until they teach it to you.

2008 Army BCT, Ft Sill OK, I was, unfortunately, front and center of the Platoon when Drill Sergeant Greenwell called out: At Close Intervals, Dress Right DRESS."  I automatically carried out the order- not thinking at all- as he hadn't taught how to execute it yet.  He calls out: PFC Seng! How did you know to do that?  At that point, I had to disclose my CAP affiliation.

I used my year in AFROTC as my excuse. I was on the drill team while in ROTC, and learned how to do everything their way, which conflicted with the CAP way, the ROTC way, and, eventually, the Navy way. I managed to adapt, though.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret