Prototype Operational Dress Uniform Pics

Started by MIKE, April 19, 2007, 08:33:37 PM

Tubacap

I like the elasticized cargo pockets in the trousers.  That would really come in handy!
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

MIKE

Quote from: mikeylikey on June 16, 2008, 08:51:07 PM
So can anyone in the DOD community order through the CG Uniform distribution center?

I don't think so... You'd need an EMPLID. 
Mike Johnston

RiverAux

Mike, I think they're having a big sale on the current ODUs, but I'm definetely waiting on the new ones before buying anything new.  Have a set of the current ODUs that I haven't put the tapes and insignia on yet that I'm debating on whether or not it is worth it to do. 

MIKE

Yeah.. there is the two for one sale, but not in my sizes since I am Coastie-sized and not Auxie-sized.  ;D

Since Auxie phase outs are when the uniform falls apart, you might as well rig them out... If they are Med-Longs and 40ish Longs... I'll take 'em though.  ;D
Mike Johnston

MIKE

Bump: http://www.piersystem.com/go/doc/651/220075/

But when can I order mine?  Winter is coming and I don't wanna wear trops in the snow anymore.
Mike Johnston

MIKE

Bump.

Mainly directed at PaulR, do you have a set yet?  ALCOAST says I won't be able to get a set until '09, but I was wondering what the sizing is like if you have some.  Is it comparable to the BDU/CUU?  I have a set of regular length BDU trou that are too short when bloused, but the size chart makes it seem like regulars would be long enough, and longs would be too long.
Mike Johnston

PaulR

Hey Mike,

I have been waiting for mine since August.  I am not holding my breath to receive mine for a while yet.  I just hope that my ODUs dont wear out before they come in! LOL

There is an entire section on the UDC website that tells you how to measure your diminsions.  You will most likely need a second person to help you!  I would not count on the sizing being the same! 

I think(hope) they got rid of the cuff emblems.  They are freak'n stupid, in my opinion!

MIKE

Quote from: PaulR on December 03, 2008, 02:00:27 AM
I think(hope) they got rid of the cuff emblems.  They are freak'n stupid, in my opinion!

They did, just the one on the shirt pocket and the two on the trouser pockets.  See that ADM Allen is still wearing the prototype though.
Mike Johnston

PaulR

Quote from: MIKE on December 03, 2008, 02:09:13 AM
Quote from: PaulR on December 03, 2008, 02:00:27 AM

They did, just the one on the shirt pocket and the two on the trouser pockets.  See that ADM Allen is still wearing the prototype though.

There is a God!!!   :clap:  I am sure glad they decided to get rid of the sleeve emblems. 

For those who may not know...

The reason our new untucked uniform has only two pockets is that members wearing a gunbelt must have the shirt tucked in.  There is no other way to get the gunbelt though the loops unless the shirt is tucked in.  It would be a real bear trying to tuck in the blouse with the lower pockets.

MIKE

Yeah, they make it so everyone not wearing a gun belt has to have it untucked so you can't wear the windbreaker over it like the old one.  :(
Mike Johnston

RiverAux

Wish they would hurry up with this as I've lost a bunch of weight and no longer fit in my old ODUs and am not going to waste money buying a smaller set of the old versions.... 

PORed

We have a couple guys in my shop who have the new untucked ODUs and really like them. I always felt that CAP should move to a non-cammie working uniform, ground team members want to be seen not blend in. I agree that it is nice they took the emblems off the cuffs and pants pockets. I like the emblem on the pocket, reminds me of the eagle, globe and anchor found on the USMC uniforms.

MIKE

Quote from: PORed on December 03, 2008, 02:55:05 PM
I always felt that CAP should move to a non-cammie working uniform, ground team members want to be seen not blend in.

The hard truth of the matter is that dark blue doesn't blend in any less than woodland camoflauge... and that horse has been throughly beaten.
Mike Johnston

PORed

I know Mike, and I agree it has been beaten. An off the shelf tan or Khaki ODU/BDU would probably be the cheapest/easiest solution but that is neither here nor there