Prototype Operational Dress Uniform Pics

Started by MIKE, April 19, 2007, 08:33:37 PM

MIKE

Not a CAP uniform, but some might be interested: Untuck ODU Photos

Don't care for the USCG emblems all over it, but otherwise not bad.

On a CAP related note, I still think the Field, Utility Uniform and the new blue bag would look better with a matching blue shirt like the ODU instead of the black or white shirts.
Mike Johnston

pixelwonk

Yeah, what's up with all the emblems? 
If they really want them, just one on the pocket would be ok by me.

As for the CAP uniforms mentioned, white undershirts were garish. I can deal with black just fine, but for the love of all that is holy, please match the tapes to the uniform on the BBDU! 

RiverAux

jeez, those were pretty bad photos.  I had to squint really hard and could barely tell that they weren't actually jumpsuits.  Better lighting is recommended (forget the high school prom background also). 

mikeylikey

hmmm......no thanks!  First get rid of the emblems, it allready says U.S. Coast Guard.
What's up monkeys?

lordmonar

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

MIKE

Quote from: lordmonar on April 20, 2007, 01:37:34 AM
What emblems are you guys talking about?

View one of the pics full size and you should be able to see them.  Big one on the right chest pocket and two smaller ones on each cuff.

Mike Johnston

Eeyore

I like the uniforms. Wish ours looked that good.

Chris Jacobs

I always liked how the coast guard had their shirts tucked in.  I think it looks a lot more professional.
C/1st Lt Chris Jacobs
Columbia Comp. Squadron

MIKE

Quote from: Chris Jacobs on April 20, 2007, 02:25:41 AM
I always liked how the coast guard had their shirts tucked in.  I think it looks a lot more professional.

Supposedly this one can still be worn tucked in.
Mike Johnston

RiverAux

Guys, I'm not seeing anything on the cuffs.  Am I that blind? 

MIKE

You ahould have your eyes checked RiverAux.  Get a bigger screen.
Mike Johnston

JC004

Quote from: MIKE on April 20, 2007, 03:32:48 AM
You ahould have your eyes checked RiverAux.  Get a bigger screen.

or better contrast...

Now that this is posted here, are we going to find props/triangles all over our blueberry suits?

Adjusted contrast and brightness to make it stand out a bit:

MIKE

Quote from: JC004 on April 20, 2007, 03:40:27 AM
Now that this is posted here, are we going to find props/triangles all over our blueberry suits?

I used to think the old style CAP MAJCOM patch (The one with the U.S.) should have been worn on the pocket a la USAF.
Mike Johnston

JC004

Quote from: MIKE on April 20, 2007, 03:44:58 AM
Quote from: JC004 on April 20, 2007, 03:40:27 AM

I used to think the old style CAP MAJCOM patch (The one with the U.S.) should have been worn on the pocket a la USAF.

That might not have been bad...kill some other patches while we are at it.  Just not on the cuffs and stuff...that's just excessive.   :-\

afgeo4

Is it me or is this the same uniform as the current ODU sans the lower pockets? They simply omitted those and changed the material. Brilliant! I guess USCG sticks to "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Wish USAF knew something about that.
GEORGE LURYE

MIKE

The current ODU does not have lower pockets also and is worn tucked in.
Mike Johnston

RiverAux

Why go to untucked if you aren't going to have lower pockets?  It will just look like you're being lazy and unkempt.  If there were pockets there people would assume it is supposed to be untucked.  I would prefer untucked myself, but this won't look good. 

I don't like the extra shields.  Unnecessary. 

lordmonar

Quote from: RiverAux on April 20, 2007, 08:37:38 PM
Why go to untucked if you aren't going to have lower pockets?  It will just look like you're being lazy and unkempt.  If there were pockets there people would assume it is supposed to be untucked.  I would prefer untucked myself, but this won't look good. 

I don't like the extra shields.  Unnecessary. 

Back in the old days with the OD fatigues.  We could go tucked or untucked.  In hot weather it was a lot more comfortable to leave your shirt untucked and it looked okay, sometimes even better because it camouflaged the belly.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

MIKE

Which will be perfect for many Auxies.  :)
Mike Johnston

O-Rex

Am I missing something?

Essentially, it's the BBDU with a little custom-embroidery, no?