Main Menu

Safety Poster Ideas for Seminar Series

Started by James Shaw, December 18, 2014, 08:21:52 PM

James Shaw

Greetings all,

I am working on a couple of posters for a Seminar / Training series class I am doing next year. I would like some feedback on the work. I don't have anything set in stone yet and have about 6 weeks to decide.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current

Larry Mangum

This is your brain, this is your brain on CAP. Sorry could not resist.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

Cliff_Chambliss

Safety is a pretty big word can you narrow it down a bit?  A poster showing how strawberry Pop Tarts can "explode" in a toaster has little in common with don't walk into a prop yet both are safety.
11th Armored Cavalry Regiment
2d Armored Cavalry Regiment
3d Infantry Division
504th BattleField Surveillance Brigade

ARMY:  Because even the Marines need heros.    
CAVALRY:  If it were easy it would be called infantry.

James Shaw

Quote from: Cliff_Chambliss on December 19, 2014, 02:38:28 PM
Safety is a pretty big word can you narrow it down a bit?  A poster showing how strawberry Pop Tarts can "explode" in a toaster has little in common with don't walk into a prop yet both are safety.

Thanks for the response. There are two different areas that are being approached.

1) The full title of the first one is: "7 Actions 7 Values and the Individual Influence in Creating a Principled Culture" - The Individual guide on understanding how our actions and our values influence the principled culture. It is centered around how the individual within the organization influences the culture based on their experiences and how that fits into the organizational structure and culture.

From the Safety perspective: How our past influences our present behavior in a Safety program and how the organization sets us up for success or failure.

2) The full title of the second one is: "Right Off Target" From New Hire to Valued Employee and What You Must Do To Get There - The individual guide on understanding how our actions and our values can propel us forward. This discusses the most important role of the individual and how their specific actions and values must be used to get ahead in the business atmosphere. The primary focus is on the "responsibility" and "agreement" the employee makes when they accept a job and how it can be mutually beneficial.

From the Safety perspective: How we respond to the challenges of safety can either make or break our career or advancement.

These are both specifically geared toward current Safety Professionals from an Organizational perspective and Individual perspective.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Jim Shaw

jhighman

Frankly, sir, of the two, I like the first one better. I think it speaks to a very real issue in safety education. Many people fail to recognize the inherent hazards that exist all around them. As such, they can more easily fall prey to these hazards. I think the formatting could be improved a bit to make the text more prominent versus the brain image, but that's just my opinion of course.

James Shaw

Both of the attachments were deleted by Admin. We're they offensive or something of that sort?
Jim Shaw

James Shaw

Jim Shaw