Uniform wear at school on holidays.

Started by Paper Machete, October 31, 2014, 01:38:42 AM

Paper Machete

Yes I have asked this question before but I like to hear different people's responses. I heard that if you strip yourself of all cap insignia, medals, etc that you can wear your uniform outside of cap. It technically is not a cap uniform because it is not complete, so I would assume the answer is yes. But just to clarify with other people, can we?

Eclipse

Reposting the same question will make Mother Nature mad.

"That Others May Zoom"

Paper Machete

Never mind!!!!  I spoke to my captain and she said No No.

ColonelJack

Quote from: Kallan09 on October 31, 2014, 01:38:42 AM
  Yes I have asked this question before but I like to hear different people's responses.

You like flirting with disaster, don't you?   ;)

I heard that if you strip yourself of all cap insignia, medals, etc that you can wear your uniform outside of cap. It technically is not a cap uniform because it is not complete, so I would assume the answer is yes. But just to clarify with other people, can we?

The only person you need to worry about clarifying this question with is your Squadron Commander.  And I see where you have done so.  Good on you.

Now, can we assume you will not ask this question - in any way, shape, or form - again?  Bob's right ... you're going to make Mother Nature mad.  And it's not nice to fool Mother Nature.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

Keyboard Warrior

And even if the Squadron Commander says yes, the answer can still be no.

Your uniform items, even stripped of all insignia, are still uniform items and cannot be worn.  There are limited exceptions to this, such as t-shirts, belts and shoes.  But pants, jackets, shirts, blouses, hats (except unit ball caps) are not allowed for wear ever, unless it's on official CAP business.

Official CAP business is what your squadron commander decides.
Keeping script kiddies out by day; filling out endless paperwork by night.