Unit Weigh-ins for Officers

Started by RiverAux, April 08, 2007, 02:53:58 AM

RiverAux

From a recent question to the CAP knowledgebase:
QuoteSquadron commander requiring a weigh-in
  Question
  Can a Squadron Commander require a weigh-in for a senior member to find out if they meet the weight standards for wearing AF style uniforms?
  Answer
  Yes. CAPM 39-1 Paragraph 1-2 (see below) tasks commanders to ensure that all members present a professional, well-groomed appearance, which will reflect credit upon CAP. Requiring a periodic weigh-in, like the Air Force, by senior members and cadets age 18 and older who choose to wear the AF style uniform would be reasonable. Unlike the AF, CAP does not have a remedial fitness program for members who exceed weight standards nor are there any types of punitive measures allowed against those members. CAP members who exceed weight standards are prohibited from wearing the AF style uniform but are allowed to wear any of the CAP distinctive uniforms or civilian attire as befits the occasion. Note: CAP weight standards include a 10% higher maximum than AF weight standards. See attachment below for CAP weight standards for wearing the AF style uniform.

pixelwonk

Quote from: RiverAux on April 08, 2007, 02:53:58 AM
From a recent question to the CAP knowledgebase:
QuoteSquadron commander requiring a weigh-in
snipped blah blah blah...
Feeling like stirring the pot, do we?  I believe the first lively conversation about this doesn't require an encore

RiverAux

Well, the knowledgebase answer was dated THIS April so thought it was new.  Didn't realize it had been discussed over a year ago.  Although I think revisiting a topic that hasn't been discussed in this long a period isn't too out of line, I agree.  Moderator, please lock and redirect to the old thread if anyone wants to comment.  Thanks.