Missed this, NHQ considering revising FCU Program

Started by Майор Хаткевич, April 01, 2014, 08:51:37 PM

Eclipse

Quote from: PHall on April 07, 2014, 02:03:03 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on April 07, 2014, 01:29:03 AM
Seriously, where is our NHQ contact with DRMO / DLA calling everybody to find out about excess inventory?

Your mistake is assuming that there is a NHQ contact with DRMO/DLA.  ::)

Yeah, I know.  Crazy.

We now return you to developing an NCO program.

"That Others May Zoom"

Garibaldi

Quote from: Eclipse on April 07, 2014, 02:33:15 AM
Seriously, where is our NHQ contact with DRMO / DLA calling everybody to find out about excess inventory?

Yeah, I know.  Crazy.

We now return you to developing an NCO program.

A uniform thread...that is devolving into...something....else...must...control...fist...of...death...black is white up is down left is right nothing makes sense anymore error error exterminate exterminate you will be deleted
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

NIN

We wouldn't be having a discussion about an FCU program if the blues that the AF DRMOs every month went to us first.

If wings got a couple tri-walls of blues a year, this would be a non-issue.

Speaking of "a BDU" option:

BDUs at a region conference banquet where the specified *minimum* uniform was Service Dress (or corp equiv).

Really?  Why don't we just not bother with uniforms at all and let everybody come to CAP in flip flops and torn jeans?
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

a2capt

What direction, angle, and length of tear?
What shade of jeans?
I don't have any.

Walkman

Quote from: NIN on April 07, 2014, 04:59:35 PM

BDUs at a region conference banquet where the specified *minimum* uniform was Service Dress (or corp equiv).

Wondering if those were brand new cadet basics, waiting for their free blues uniform to arrive.  >:D

NIN

Quote from: Walkman on April 07, 2014, 09:14:53 PM
Wondering if those were brand new cadet basics, waiting for their free blues uniform to arrive.  >:D

Maybe.  What were they doing at a region conference?  Where is their unit leadership on this?  Who from the unit said "The UOD as specified is mess dress or service dress.  So,  yeah,  wear your BDUs,  it'll be _fine_...totally appropriate..."?

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

ProdigalJim

Quote from: NIN on April 07, 2014, 09:46:38 PM

Maybe.  What were they doing at a region conference?  Where is their unit leadership on this?  Who from the unit said "The UOD as specified is mess dress or service dress.  So,  yeah,  wear your BDUs,  it'll be _fine_...totally appropriate..."?

And here I was worrying about whether my wings were straight. Silly me...
Jim Mathews, Lt. Col., CAP
VAWG/XP
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...

Garibaldi

More than likely Cadet Highspeed and Cadet Lowdrag just chose to ignore the directive and attended because that was the only uniform they had, and didn't think to wonder if a formal event MIGHT mean nice clothes. I mean, kids go to church in rags these days, so what's their guideline?

PHall

Quote from: Garibaldi on April 08, 2014, 12:08:15 AM

More than likely Cadet Highspeed and Cadet Lowdrag just chose to ignore the directive and attended because that was the only uniform they had, and didn't think to wonder if a formal event MIGHT mean nice clothes. I mean, kids go to church in rags these days, so what's their guideline?

Dude, their squadron commander had to sign the Form 31 for them to come and the flyer was pretty specific about what to wear.
I don't blame the cadets, I blame their "leadership" for failing these cadets.

Garibaldi

Quote from: PHall on April 08, 2014, 12:24:45 AM
Quote from: Garibaldi on April 08, 2014, 12:08:15 AM

Dude, their squadron commander had to sign the Form 31 for them to come and the flyer was pretty specific about what to wear.
I don't blame the cadets, I blame their "leadership" for failing these cadets.

Point taken, but don't forget they're kids and sometimes a directive doesn't mean much. It is a failure from them on up. If I were their unit CC and saw them there dressed like that parents would be called.

a2capt

You know..

It could also have been that those cadets were -working- at the conference, providing support to the IT sector, or other kind of behind the scenes help and someone thought .. "hey, let them eat..".. Anyhow.. not really related to the thread topic otherwise ;)

Ratatouille

Quote from: NIN on April 07, 2014, 04:59:35 PM

Really?  Why don't we just not bother with uniforms at all and let everybody come to CAP in flip flops and torn jeans?

Wow! Way to publicly pick on a pair of 12 or 13 year-olds behind their back in a way wherein they can't possibly defend themselves! It must make your oak leaves feel extra silvery to be able to stand up to a bunch of children and point out their faults so well!

And while you're being all super-internet lawyer-y with your oh-so-powerful copyright disclaimer ™©, I hope you had clear permission from the people in that picture to publicly post it in an unofficial forum. This actual lawyer here recognized a Cadet and Senior Member in the picture, will be contacting them and the Cadets' parents to let them know, and will gladly serve you with a cease-and-desist notice pro bono.

Quote from: Garibaldi on April 08, 2014, 12:08:15 AMMore than likely Cadet Highspeed and Cadet Lowdrag just chose to ignore the directive and attended because that was the only uniform they had, and didn't think to wonder if a formal event MIGHT mean nice clothes. I mean, kids go to church in rags these days, so what's their guideline?

Same goes for you, Garibaldi, I'm sure the people of GAWg are sooo proud that one of their company grade "Officers" publicly calling children derogatory names. Probably just as proud as when you finally figured out how to use polysyllabic words!

You both represent the worst of CAP and CAPTalk. I pray that some day the fates provide you with an opportunity to atone to the Cadets you've wronged.

NIN

Quote from: Ratatouille on April 08, 2014, 08:05:06 PM

You both represent the worst of CAP and CAPTalk. I pray that some day the fates provide you with an opportunity to atone to the Cadets you've wronged.

I think you're supposed to use supplemental O2 when your horse is that high.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

Ratatouille

Quote from: NIN on April 08, 2014, 08:11:05 PM

It's sad you don't realize how pathetic you are by picking on children.

THRAWN

Quote from: Ratatouille on April 08, 2014, 08:18:04 PM
Quote from: NIN on April 08, 2014, 08:11:05 PM

Nobody is picking on children.

If you walk into a Region conference banquet, in a hosed up or incorrect uni, somebody is gonna snap of photo of it and use it in a "what to avoid" lesson. If you're that concerned about it, how about using all of your special lawyery powers and have all photographic equipment banned from the conferences. That way, nobody can be "picked on"....Could it have been presented differently? Mebbe. Bad, NIN, bad...As for your comment to Garibaldi, you do know what high speed/low drag means, right? Since you have the finger on the pulse of the organization...

Get over yourself. There are bigger issues than this.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

NIN

Quote from: Ratatouille on April 08, 2014, 08:18:04 PM

It's sad you don't get that I'm not picking on those two cadets,  but rather the leadership that allowed two cadets to attend a region conference in a uniform that wasn't the specified uniform of the day.

That photo and those uniforms are not those cadet 's fault.  Not did I say it was.

But I'm sure it feels good to anonymously snipe at people on the internet.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

SamFranklin

I agree with most of what Ratatouille wrote in his pointing out that some here have, intentionally or not, been too pointed with their criticism in this matter where brand new, young cadets are involved.  Ratatouille got on a high horse, true, but he's right on substance.

Let's try to do two things here in the future. 

(1)  If using a photo to remark about uniform stuff, photoshop the identifying info out of the picture. Blur the phases and wing patches, etc. 

(2)  Moderate the discourse a bit and offer posts with a bit more nuance and less generalization. BDUs are not ordinarily acceptable banquet attire, but there are plausible explanations here.

Sometimes CAPTalk is great. Too often, well, it brings out the worst, even among our best.

Eclipse

Quote from: SamFranklin on April 08, 2014, 08:32:43 PM
(1)  If using a photo to remark about uniform stuff, photoshop the identifying info out of the picture. Blur the phases and wing patches, etc.

Public photo, public comment.

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

Well, since you don't know even what wing it is because there are no visible wing patches, nor are there any visible name tags, it's really kind of tough to determine who those cadets are anyway.

Its not like I said "Check out Cadet Schmuckatelli and his brother here at the Idaho Wing Conference on January 28th, 2014"

Does anybody here know who those two cadets are? Doubtful.

The point remains however,  that we can't get people to show up to activities in appropriate uniforms. Commanders don't enforce the concept of appropriate uniforms.  Nobody seems to understand which uniform is "appropriate" even when a specific uniform has been deemed to be the one to wear.

Instead, we are happy with "Well, at least you are in -a- uniform."

(ETA: BTW, that photo was from a wing's Facebook page, so yeah, you can bug them about the PAO process, while you're at it)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

NIN

And while you're being all super-internet lawyer-y with your oh-so-powerful copyright disclaimer ™©, I hope you had clear permission from the people in that picture to publicly post it in an unofficial forum. This actual lawyer here recognized a Cadet and Senior Member in the picture, will be contacting them and the Cadets' parents to let them know, and will gladly serve you with a cease-and-desist notice pro bono.

I was on my phone earlier and quoting is just a royal pain, but this should be addressed in any case:

1) If you'd been around for any length of time, you'd get the joke behind that copyright disclaimer.  I'm not an attorney, nor do I play one on TV, and the last night I spent in a hotel wasn't even at a Holiday Inn Express, so I'm clearly not the legal beagle you are.  For the record: the disclaimer in my sig was due to a post of mine here on CAP-Talk winding up on a blog someplace and being misquoted and misrepresented.  Would it stop anybody? Probably not. It became a bit of a tongue-in-cheek joke, however, and it stayed.

2) As a super high powered pro-bono legal beagle, you ought to be aware (or should soon familiarize yourself with the appropriate case law, so you can correctly frame your cease-and-desist demand) that photos taken in a public place and posted on a public website (in this case, a Wing's Facebook page) basically hold little or no expectation of privacy.  You should look closer: that photo is embedded from Facebook. I didn't take it.

3) I'm glad you recognized a cadet and senior member in the photo. Great skill that.  Here's a cookie.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP