Ruck march training

Started by Stonewall, February 28, 2014, 01:39:15 PM

Stonewall

Not completely relevant to CAP, but there is a realistic potential for ground teams to carry heavy loads in the field. 

Either way, I wrote it and sharing.
Serving since 1987.

m981

Thanks for the guidance. I've been doing walks and wanted to explore ruck marching. This is just the thing to get started.
LTC. CAP
Spaatz
Wilson

Walkman

I'm keeping this! I've been thinking of doing a ruck march fundraiser for the squadron. There's a ~30 mile trail in my area that I'd like to do it on. I was thinking that each member would get pledges per mile and we'd station breaks at all the trail entries (3-5 miles apart) with water and vehicles to move those that need a break ahead to the next point.

ol'fido

My personal additions to the tips and tricks: Do not carry anything in your pants pockets, especially the cargo pockets. It will rub and cause "strawberries" on your legs. Also, carry a ziploc bag with a wet washcloth in it. Just take it out every once and a while and wipe your face.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

unmlobo

My tips after 2 Bataan Marches and the Norwegian Foot March, invest in decent insoles; your feet will thank you.  I also have worn a shemagh for Bataan, they are nice in the desert.
Major, CAP
HI WG