Alerting Officer Appointment

Started by Storm Chaser, February 22, 2014, 05:36:55 AM

disamuel

What about late night missions? Email won't get answered until the morning. Does anyone use a group calling service?

JeffDG

Quote from: disamuel on April 09, 2014, 01:09:15 PM
What about late night missions? Email won't get answered until the morning. Does anyone use a group calling service?

We've used Directra for that

Eclipse

Quote from: disamuel on April 09, 2014, 01:09:15 PM

I wouldn't make that assumption - not everyone pulls the batteries out of their devices overnight.

Our system sends out a global text page to the ES list with a follow-up email.  We've never had any issue
getting enough people that was tied to the notification method.

You start ringing phones at 3am and you'll have a revolt on your hands.

My assertion has always been that each unit and echelon should have a rotating group that is "on-call", if for no
other reason then it puts people in the mindset and forces the larger questions of readiness and manpower, however
attempts to make that work, when the wing continued to do all-calls, were somewhat fruitless.

"That Others May Zoom"

disamuel

I think the on call roster is a good idea. Thanks for your help, I'm going to move in that direction.

THRAWN

When I was ES in NJ, we did a rotating "on call" roster. Worked great. Each week, we had a complete team, air and ground crews, for each of the 4 groups. If a second mission popped up, the following week's team would get a call. If a third...you get the idea. I might have a copy of the structure and execution plan. If so, I'll put it up.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

disamuel

Thrawn, if you could please PM me a copy of the plan, that would be a great help.