Indiana Wing Civil Air Patrol Space Sciences and Rocketry Academy May 2014

Started by kmorisen, February 12, 2014, 04:10:02 PM

kmorisen

Do you have an interest in Space, Space related jobs and other items related to Space? Do you want to meet aerospace industry professionals, attend classes and other space related attractions? If so, the Space Sciences and Rocketry Academy may be for you! We are now accepting Cadet staff/Cadet applications for attendance at the SSRA! The Indiana Wing is holding this academy at Camp Atterbury in Indiana on May 25- 31, 2014.

This exciting program includes completion of the CAP Rocketry program, as well as attending other space related activities. While you can earn the Rocketry badge at your home unit, this activity offers opportunities to meet cadets from across the country, as well as having the opportunity to interact with Aerospace industry professionals. Additionally, you will build and launch rockets that are more advanced than those normally seen at CAP activities!

The activity fee is $300 for cadets, $100 for Senior Members and includes Food, billeting and all events that take place during the academy. Cadets will be required to have earned the Mary Feik Award and have attended one encampment to apply. Attendees are responsible for travel expenses to and from the event. For those traveling by ground, directions to Camp Atterbury will be provided upon acceptance to SSRA. Ground transportation between Indianapolis International Airport and Camp Atterbury will be provided for those traveling by air.

For More Information contact: Maj. Krista Morisen, CAP at kmorisencap@yahoo.com or visit our website at
https://sites.google.com/site/inwgspacescienceacademy/

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Майор Хаткевич

a2capt

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

THRAWN

Quote from: usafaux2004 on February 12, 2014, 05:20:42 PM
Why may? A lot of kids are still in school.

Sounds like a great program, but I have to echo the "Why May?" question. Seems to prevent entire wings from applying, homeschoolers aside.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

arajca

Quote from: THRAWN on February 12, 2014, 06:16:23 PM

Sounds like a great program, but I have to echo the "Why May?" question. Seems to prevent entire wings from applying, homeschoolers aside.
Perhaps that's when the facility was available?

THRAWN

Quote from: arajca on February 12, 2014, 06:30:18 PM
Quote from: THRAWN on February 12, 2014, 06:16:23 PM

Perhaps that's when the facility was available?

Mebbe. Either way, talk it up. Looks worthwhile.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Eclipse

INWG has a school running a schools program with about 350 members, a lot of their larger
activities are scheduled around when that school has vacations, etc., as there's a
built-in audience.

"That Others May Zoom"

Garp

If it's a Camp Atterbury, they have to deal with active, reserve, and guard rotations, NESA for multiple weeks and INWG Encampments.