Main Menu

FAAST Wings - CAP interface

Started by wyodmcs, February 01, 2014, 06:36:09 PM

wyodmcs

Before I tell our pilot-heavy squadron wrong at safety-down day -

1) CAP credit for Wings courses is through non-CAP safety validation process (SE or CC sees documentation & enters)

2) Wings credit for Form 5 or Form 91 is through validation by Wings-savvy CFI conducting or seeing appropriate documentation and entering or verifying

3) there is no "automatic" transfer in either direction at present

Right?

(please keep replies simple for this non-pilot, thanks)

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

FW

There is an automatic process for FAA wings courses.  There is an agreement between CAP and the FAA for the "transfer".  This is a nice way for pilots to keep "safety current".

wyodmcs

I took a Wings course to test the interface and at first it looked like it didn't transfer over.  Now after a few day lag and after I started this topic here the course does show up credited in e-services - probably "automatically".   

FW and Eclipse thank you for your replies.

vento

You must register your account with FAA Safety first in order for the transfer to happen.
More info here http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/FAACAP_IT_Integration_Letter_111116_78D526E6FCEF2.pdf
Just show that piece of document to your squadronmates.  :)

SilverEagle2

Quote from: FW on February 01, 2014, 07:39:53 PM
There is an automatic process for FAA wings courses.  There is an agreement between CAP and the FAA for the "transfer".  This is a nice way for pilots to keep "safety current".

+1

Very nice to have the automatic transfer...and an annual FAA flight check complete.

My CFI misses me every 2 years though.  ;)
     Jason R. Hess, Col, CAP
Commander, Rocky Mountain Region

"People are not excellent because they achieve great things;
they achieve great things because they choose to be excellent."
Gerald G. Probst,
Beloved Grandfather, WWII B-24 Pilot, Successful Businessman