Started by alexalvarez, March 30, 2007, 08:55:02 PM

Sgt. Savage

I'm more partial to something like this:

Maybe with a tie, for those Wing Conferences

O-Rex

Quote from: thefischNX01 on April 01, 2007, 02:29:40 AM
Yeah, I like those a lot.  However, I'm more partial to:

;)

Caption should read "Oh, my head: I'll never drink Romulan Ale at a Star Trek Convention again. Come on guys, this isn't funny.  Where's my uniform??."

RogueLeader

I'd say instead of the TPU we need an Imperial Service Dress or even the GRand Admiral Uniform.

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Dragoon

Back to the topic.

If we really HAD to have only one uniform, it would be BDUs.  Or more specifically Blue BDUs.

Reasons

1.  We can perform the vast majority of our functions (ES, most of CP, flying stuff, squadron meetings, AE except mebbe some museum trips).

2.  We CAN'T perform anywhere near that number of missions in any service dress or flight suit.

3.  USAF won't let all our our members wear woodland BDUs.

A fall back position, less likely to piss off our members, is Woodland OR Blue BDUs.

I think CAP makes a mistake by making the minimum CAP uniform a service dress combo - since you end up HAVING to buy BDUs if you're gonna do much more than come to meetings.  And yet we could do meetings in the BDUs.

Better to mandate the work suit first, and the bring in the dressy suit later.

Major Carrales

Quote from: Dragoon on April 12, 2007, 06:45:48 PM
I think CAP makes a mistake by making the minimum CAP uniform a service dress combo - since you end up HAVING to buy BDUs if you're gonna do much more than come to meetings.  And yet we could do meetings in the BDUs.

I disagree, to only a small degree.  Every organization I have ever been in has had a "button closing shirt and trousers," gold shirt, as its minimum uniform.  It's formal enough for ceremonials and, if EMS and Police Officer can make due with it in the field, works in the field.

BDU type suits for certain occasion suggests "wacked out militia."

Notice I said I only disagreed to a small degree.  My position is that both a Field uniform and short sleeve service dress be basic to all CAP members, if not some multi purpose outfit that could serve as both a field and service uniform.  A tactical bdu shirt/pants combo that a service jacket could be slipped over for real formal events?

"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

MIKE

Point of order:  service dress is the service uniform combination with coat and tie.  See CAPM 39-1 Chapter 2 for further details.
Mike Johnston

RogueLeader

I think that BDU's are thee most comfortable clothing around, as are combat boots.  It's just me I'm sure.  Haven't worn regular shoes*, exept for 6-7 times, since 2001.

*Not counting dress shoes
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Major Lord

Quote from: RogueLeader on April 12, 2007, 09:54:31 PM
I think that BDU's are thee most comfortable clothing around, as are combat boots.  It's just me I'm sure.  Haven't worn regular shoes, exept for 6-7 times, since 2001.

I assume that you wear your boots with Service and Service Dress uniforms?

Capt. Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

RogueLeader

Quote from: CaptLord on April 12, 2007, 10:13:55 PM
I think that BDU's are thee most comfortable clothing around, as are combat boots.  It's just me I'm sure.  Haven't worn regular shoes, exept for 6-7 times, since 2001.

Capt. Lord
No I wear my dress shoes with them.  I was talking about to school and work, while wearing civies. 
Why? Can I wear Combat Boots with my service dress?
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

JC004

Quote from: RogueLeader on April 12, 2007, 10:17:57 PM
Quote from: CaptLord on April 12, 2007, 10:13:55 PM

Capt. Lord
No I wear my dress shoes with them.  I was talking about to school and work, while wearing civies. 
Why? Can I wear Combat Boots with my service dress?

Yes.  But probably not worth it.  Would especially be funny-looking with cloth uppers.

Dragoon

Quote from: Major Carrales on April 12, 2007, 07:19:34 PM
Quote from: Dragoon on April 12, 2007, 06:45:48 PM

I disagree, to only a small degree.  Every organization I have ever been in has had a "button closing shirt and trousers," gold shirt, as its minimum uniform.  It's formal enough for ceremonials and, if EMS and Police Officer can make due with it in the field, works in the field.

BDU type suits for certain occasion suggests "wacked out militia."

Notice I said I only disagreed to a small degree.  My position is that both a Field uniform and short sleeve service dress be basic to all CAP members, if not some multi purpose outfit that could serve as both a field and service uniform.  A tactical bdu shirt/pants combo that a service jacket could be slipped over for real formal events?

Yeah, as a "multi purpose suit" the BDUs don't work - they are a field suit.

But the questions is - do the vast majority of CAP members ever really need a service suit?

After all, the military is now wearing utility uniforms every day, and it doesn't both them much.  In the last 3 years, I've worn Class A's about 3 times - once to a conference and twice for official photos.  Heck, I've seen folks testify in front of congress in BDUs/ACUs.  My friend in USAF recently had a dining-in in BDUs.  Most CAP ceremonies would look fine with everyone in BDUs. 

If the goal is minimal cost for our members, a utility uniform as the mandatory suit makes the most sense.  Perhaps something could be crafted that could be "dressed up" a bit, but given what we have in the inventory today the simple choice is BDUs.

Dragoon

Quote from: MIKE on April 12, 2007, 07:42:12 PM
Point of order:  service dress is the service uniform combination with coat and tie.  See CAPM 39-1 Chapter 2 for further details.

I believe that USAF would refer to our basic minimum uniform as "short sleeve service dress"  CAP doesn't seem to have a term for that combination, so I was using "service dress" to mean all possible combinations of that suit, with and without the jacket.

Sorry for any confusion.

Sgt. Savage

Maybe not one uniform. Two could certainly do it. BBDU and Service Dress Cass "A" and "B".

JohnKachenmeister

Going completely minimalist, the BDU/BBDU would work.  Especially after the AF goes to the ABU and we follow suit.  The Army is doing away with all uniforms except the ACU and the Dress Blues for formal occasions Once the AF goes to the ABU, they may do the same.  It wil be BDU or BBDU, if not ACU, or we will look AFU.
Another former CAP officer

acarlson

Quote from: Major Carrales on March 30, 2007, 10:29:38 PM
Quote from: 2nd LT Fairchild on March 30, 2007, 10:28:18 PM
I'm thinking along the lines of this for the female SM's...

:clap:
That is far too opulent...I mean, look at the medals!!! ;)

awww yes.. but I'm SURE she earned everyone!  ;)
Annette Carlson, 1Lt CAP
PDO, PAO, Pers, & Historian
Doylestown Composite Squadron 907
Doylestown PA

acarlson

Quote from: MIKE on March 30, 2007, 11:19:26 PM
Quote from: Major Carrales on March 30, 2007, 10:16:15 PM

How many female SMs do you know that look like that, and do you have phone numbers or emails available?  :D

amcarlson4@aol.com    ::)

... OH I CAN'T believe I just said THAT!  :angel:

Annette Carlson, 1Lt CAP
Doylestown PA

acarlson

Quote from: thefischNX01 on April 01, 2007, 03:57:10 AM
... I have always believed that if we can't look like the Air Force  (or military in general), then we should look like firefighters or EMTs because of our Emergency Services heritage. 

OR like teachers because of our Aerospace Education heritage?

Annette Carlson, 1Lt CAP
Doylestown PA

MIKE

So when do we start the CAP SMs hot or not thread?  :D
Mike Johnston

Major Lord

Quote from: acarlson on April 14, 2007, 10:33:35 PM

How many female SMs do you know that look like that, and do you have phone numbers or emails available?  :D

She does not have 17 pieces of "flare" on that uniform!

Capt. Lord

Fixed quote - MIKE
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

stillamarine

Quote from: CaptLord on April 14, 2007, 11:25:00 PM
Quote from: acarlson on April 14, 2007, 10:33:35 PM

How many female SMs do you know that look like that, and do you have phone numbers or emails available?  :D

She does not have 17 pieces of "flare" on that uniform!

Capt. Lord

Fixed quote - MIKE

You sir, caused me to spit a fair amount of rum across the rum when I read that!!!!! Too Funny!!
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com