Need Some Help Locating Some Old Guys.

Started by JohnKachenmeister, March 29, 2007, 05:47:35 PM

JohnKachenmeister

A week or so ago, I came into possession of a copy of my old orders to the Cadet Flight Encampment of 1966.  I have been trying to track down the guys who were there.  I have had some success, and you can see what I've done at:

http://groups.myspace.com/harrishill1966

But there are a few I just can't find anything on:

1.  Donald B. Kenyon, of Florham Park, NJ in 1966. 

2.  Michael E. Nebesni, then of Northbrook, IL.

3.  Richard P. Zillich, then of Bellevue, Nebraska, but who may now be residing in or near Fayetteville, Arkansas.

If anyone knows any of these guys, have them call me.

Even if they have to ask the warden for permission first.

Another former CAP officer

Ohioguard

I grew up around Elmira, NY.  Was a member of the Horseheads Cadet Squadron 68 - 73.  Spent allot of time at Harris Hill.

I remember watching an Air Force film on the CAP glider encampments held at Harris Hill.  Brig Gen Jimmy Stewart gave the intro for the 16 mm film.  I wonder what happened to all of the films that the AF had in their library.  I know they had several on CAP.

Good luck in your hunt

BillB

The USAF Film Library indicated that the old films are no longer available. However, many of them are floating around in Squadron Storage. I've sent two to the SER Historian, who may be able to transfer them to DVD. (if funding is available).

Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

JohnKachenmeister

Bill:

If he can't get the funding get them to me.  I work at a college, and the guys who do all the instructional video work are my friends.  They are also people without ethics, scruples, morals, or integrity.  I'll probably be able to get that transfer service "Donated."

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: Ohioguard on March 29, 2007, 08:08:29 PM
I grew up around Elmira, NY.  Was a member of the Horseheads Cadet Squadron 68 - 73.  Spent allot of time at Harris Hill.

I remember watching an Air Force film on the CAP glider encampments held at Harris Hill.  Brig Gen Jimmy Stewart gave the intro for the 16 mm film.  I wonder what happened to all of the films that the AF had in their library.  I know they had several on CAP.

Good luck in your hunt

Is Mark Twain's Grave still a big "Make-out" spot?  Do kids today even "Make-out?"

Psicorp

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on March 29, 2007, 11:05:04 PM

Good luck in your hunt

Is Mark Twain's Grave still a big "Make-out" spot?  Do kids today even "Make-out?"

No sir, I think they go straight into popping out younglings.
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

Becks

Quote from: Psicorp on March 30, 2007, 02:56:07 AM

Good luck in your hunt

More cadets  ;)

BBATW

flyerthom

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on March 29, 2007, 11:03:36 PM
Bill:

If he can't get the funding get them to me.  I work at a college, and the guys who do all the instructional video work are my friends.  They are also people without ethics, scruples, morals, or integrity.  I'll probably be able to get that transfer service "Donated."

You work with congressmen and hospital administrators?
TC

SAR-EMT1

Good luck in your hunt

Honest to God: I heard from a parent recently that the local term is ahem...
"eating face"

John, Id buy a copy of that DVD.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

RogueLeader

Quote from: Becks on March 30, 2007, 03:18:19 AM

Good luck in your hunt

More cadets  ;)

Only in times to come ;)
WYWG DP

GRW 3340