Started by Pulsar, November 20, 2013, 05:35:41 PM

Garibaldi

Quote from: Storm Chaser on November 20, 2013, 10:57:39 PM

Quote from: Garibaldi on November 20, 2013, 10:44:59 PM
Quote from: Pulsar on November 20, 2013, 10:38:56 PM
Quote from: Garibaldi on November 20, 2013, 10:37:40 PM
Quote from: Pulsar on November 20, 2013, 10:32:16 PM
Quote from: MIKE on November 20, 2013, 07:21:00 PM
As a cadet officer, look it up in the Uniform Manual.
oh of course that's the first thing I did.
I guess what I meant to ask for is specifics. Do you actually sow the rank on the epulants (or however you spell them). And another thing that wasn't clear, Do you wear them on both shoulders?
thankyou

You SEW the blue embroidered rank on the epaulet, about 1/2 inch from the shoulder. Then, you sew a blue embroidered CAP cutout about 1/2 inch above that. Both shoulders, so that if you look sideways-on, you can read CAP above the grade, not CAP on one side and PAC on the other.

What gets me is that the picture in 39-1 shows the CAP well above the rank cutout on the epaulet. I've always sewn it 1/2 inch above the rank because it looks better. If that's the way it's supposed to be, my personal opinion is that it should be changed to the way I do things.  >:D It just looks better IMO.
thankyou very much sir!

Oh yeah, and another personal pet peeve of mine...center the insignia. And make sure there's not a whole lot of blue showing on the edges. 39-1 doesn't really stipulate how much blue that I can tell, but it makes me shudder whenever I see a lot. Call it about 1/8" maybe? No more than that. You have to do a lot of folding and ironing to get it right...

Actually, CAPM 39-1 does specify the amount of blue; it's 1/8 of an inch "at the widest and tallest point of the insignia..."

I seem to remember that, but when I looked at my d/l copy of 39-1 it was too fuzzy to read.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Garibaldi

Quote from: Eclipse on November 20, 2013, 11:26:43 PM
Quote from: flyer333555 on November 20, 2013, 11:08:43 PM
Eclipse-

Don't have a cow about Garibaldi's post.

Its

Not

Worth

A

Heart

Attack!

Flyer

It was aimed at Pulsar's spelling and grammar, Garabaldi got caught in friendly fire.

Pulsar

So another words, Do I wear the cap embroidered cutout 1/2" above the grade insignia or 1"- 2"?
:-\
C/LtCol Neutron Star
PAWG ENC 2013/ AMMA 2014/ NER W RCLS 2014-5 [Salutatorian] / NER Powered Flight Academy 2015

"A fiery strength inspires their lives, An essence that from heaven
derives,..." - Vergil, The Aeneid

(C) Copyright 2013: Readers who choose to hardcopy my comments are entitled to specific rights, namely: you may print them off and read them repeatedly until you have memorized them and then rattle them off as if you had thought them up yourself; However if asked, you must say they were signaled to you from a neutron star.

TexasCadet

Quote from: Garibaldi on November 21, 2013, 06:54:17 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on November 20, 2013, 11:26:43 PM
Quote from: flyer333555 on November 20, 2013, 11:08:43 PM
Eclipse-

Don't have a cow about Garibaldi's post.

Its

Not

Worth

A

Heart

Attack!

Flyer

It was aimed at Pulsar's spelling and grammar, Garabaldi got caught in friendly fire.

The guy shooting the Thompson looks like Captain Piccard.

Garibaldi

Quote from: TexasCadet on November 21, 2013, 07:32:30 PM

It IS Captain Picard. From First Contact. The other is Mouth from the Goonies doing the Truffle Shuffle.

TexasCadet

Quote from: Garibaldi on November 21, 2013, 07:42:11 PM

It IS Captain Picard. From First Contact. The other is Mouth from the Goonies doing the Truffle Shuffle.

Wasn't he also in Star Trek: The Next Generation?

Garibaldi

Quote from: Pulsar on November 21, 2013, 07:22:56 PM
So another in other words, Do I wear the cap embroidered cutout 1/2" above the grade insignia or 1"- 2"?
:-\

FTFY.

I say 1/2" because it looks good. CAP Regs say the CAP cutout is...it looks like....maybe...centered between the top of the grade insignia and the button on the epaulet. Which I think looks awful. But that's my opinion. Do what the regs say. Put the C/2nd Lt insignia 1/2" up from the edge of the epaulet and center the CAP cutout (available from Vanguard) between the top of the grade insignia and the button.

:P

Garibaldi

Quote from: TexasCadet on November 21, 2013, 07:49:45 PM

Oh MY God. *smdh* I am NOT having this conversation with you... >:D

Storm Chaser

Star Trek: First Contact is the second movie based on Star Trek: The Next Generation TV series and the first with no cast members from the original Star Trek series.

Garibaldi

Quote from: Storm Chaser on November 21, 2013, 07:56:07 PM

Star Trek: First Contact is the second movie based on Star Trek: The Next Generation TV series and the first with no cast members from the original Star Trek series.

I didn't tell him that because of three things. 1. He knew who Picard was and of ST:TNG. 2. How else is he going to learn if he doesn't do his own research? 3. I wanted to mess with him.

TexasCadet, you have a lot to learn about the Trek-verse, grasshoppah.

Captain Jean-Luc Picard was in Star Trek:The Next Generation. There were 4 movies spawned after the series went off the air.

Star Trek: Generations
Star Trek: First Contact
Star Trek: Insurrection
Star Trek: Nemesis

Arguably, the worst of the four was Nemesis. It killed off a favorite character and replaced him with a clone copy. Not to mention the story line was garbage. ST:FC dealt with The Borg going back in time to kill Zephram Cochrane, the creator of warp-field technology, which would have not only negated the Federation, but would have turned Earth into a giant Borg sphere and negated the existence of every other life form in the galaxy. Picard went back in time to try and stop them, and once they started turning his crew into Borg, he went into the holodeck and recreated one of his noir detective programs. The Borg infiltrated and he was able to kill some with the holo-Thompson. The rest is history, as Riker and LaForge were able to convince Cochrane, a hard-partying drunk, to go ahead with his misison. It's been a while since I last saw the movie, but the general gist of it was Picard saved the universe. Again.

Watch. Learn. Also watch all six Star Wars movies.

Eclipse

Quote from: Garibaldi on November 21, 2013, 08:29:14 PM
Watch. Learn. Also watch all six Star Wars movies.

Star Wars?

There's 2 films, one unofficial sequel, and 3 non-canon, direct-to-$5-video-bin-hacks that look like they were done using a weatherman's green screen.

At least in my world.

"That Others May Zoom"

TexasCadet

I like Star Trek better than Star Wars. Star Trek is a little more believable.

RogueLeader

Quote from: TexasCadet on November 21, 2013, 09:25:08 PM

Who says lightsabers aren't real?

lightsabers-invented
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

TexasCadet

Quote from: RogueLeader on November 21, 2013, 10:22:25 PM
Quote from: TexasCadet on November 21, 2013, 09:25:08 PM

Who says lightsabers aren't real?

lightsabers-invented

Cool! I want one!!