Solo Pilot Privileges

Started by KCPilot17, November 08, 2013, 03:51:26 AM

KCPilot17

I am currently a solo pilot in accordance with the FAA, and am almost done with my instructor time. Mostly, what I have left is my solo time before I can take my checkride. Since I am receiving instruction OUTSIDE of CAP, am I eligible to use CAP aircraft to get my solo time? Both of the planes are c172s, so I do not have any problem there.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

RogueLeader

Read CAPR 60-1.  The answers are there.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

KCPilot17

a. CAP Solo Pilot.

(1) Possess a current student pilot certificate with solo endorsements in accordance
with 14 CFR Part 61 from a CAP instructor pilot in the make and model aircraft flown.

That is all it says. I spoke with a CAP CFI and he said I have to be receiving instruction from a CAP CFI, but the reg says I just need an endorsement from one 

Eclipse

Are you a cadet or a senior member?

"That Others May Zoom"

Huey Driver

This is what I did. I received my first ~25 hours (including solo) in a C172 outside of CAP, and when a CAP plane (C172) moved to my area, I made the arrangements for flight training and have been training with CAP instructors since. $90/hr wet beats $180/hr wet!

Short answer is yes. Just note that your wing may have a specific policy for cadet flight training, and there will be a somewhat of a transition into CAP's policies, procedures, and changing planes and instructors.
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...