Skymaster endorsement in FL

Started by Flying Pig, July 16, 2013, 02:05:36 AM

Flying Pig

ATTN FLWG:

I am in need of a CFI for a Cessna 337 Skymaster and high altitude endorsement. This is not CAP related and you will be paid. Please PM me if you are in FL. The plane can also be brought to you for the day if needed.

Thanks

Al Sayre

If you don't have any luck here, call up to Zephyrhills.  The Jumpers there used to have a 337.  I heard Bobby Granatelli (sp?) is still hanging out there, he was one of my first CFI's.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

stillamarine

Y'all have a Skymaster?? God I'm with the wrong department! They hiring???
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

NIN

Al, ain't no push-me, pull-you at Z-Hills, least not on the DZ side. AFAIK, nobody has used a 337 for regular sport jumping.

Should be plenty of 337 CFIs in FL.

I'm jealous Rob, the 337 is a fine plane.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Flying Pig

Quote from: stillamarine on July 16, 2013, 11:53:32 PM
Y'all have a Skymaster?? God I'm with the wrong department! They hiring???

Actually.... Yeah, they are hiring Deputies big time right now.

Mustang

High-altitude endorsement? Pressurized 337?
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

Flying Pig

Not sure what you are asking?  Yes it is a pressurized 337. 

bosshawk

In his new job, Rob has more toys than the average bear: 337, jet ranger, huey, etc.  He is in hog heaven.  He came from a department with two MD-500s.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

stillamarine

Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

RTFB

1. Where in FL are you located, and how far are you willing to travel?  FL is a big state.
2. Are you looking to get an AMEL rating (not wise to do in the 337)?  If you already have an AMEL rating, then what sort of requirements (e.g., company flight manual, insurance) are you trying to meet?  As far as the FARs go, any AMEL-rated pilot can fly a 337 without any special training; and you can get the HA endorsement without flying an airplane at all.

Flying Pig

Quote from: stillamarine on August 25, 2013, 05:32:43 PM
I'm in a dept with no helos.
I started off with a department with no aircraft....went to a department with 3 aircraft....then to a department with 7 aircraft....see how that works?  ;)   RTFB...I learned the company we use for recurrent training will do it for me. 

http://www.lunsfordair.com/