Hate the US Civil Air Patrol name tape.

Started by RogueLeader, March 19, 2007, 05:48:10 PM

Do you hate/ dislike the new US Civil Air Patrol?  Why?

Not the name of the Organization
3 (15.8%)
Have to buy new tape
4 (21.1%)
Doesn't look right
3 (15.8%)
Prefer USAF Aux, etc.
9 (47.4%)
Other, please explain.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

MIKE

I don't really think we need another one of these threads... Covered it pretty well in the Changing Civil Air Patrol to U.S. Civil Air Patrol thread.
Mike Johnston

RogueLeader

I saw that there was dissent about it, but there were comments about WHY they didn't like it, but I wanted an count for each reason as I could.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

LtCol White

I dont see the need for this either. If you reread the old posts, you'll see the general consensus was that it wasnt a necessary change.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

CLB

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like everyone is making a mountain out of a mole hill about all this. 

I guess I'm just missing some sentimental aspect of the whole thing that struck a nerve with a lot of people.
Capt Christopher Bishop
Coastal Charleston Composite Squadron

Eclipse

...and since no one has officially been directed to make a change, not sure why anyone cares...

"That Others May Zoom"

ddelaney103

Quote from: CLB on March 19, 2007, 08:05:08 PM
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like everyone is making a mountain out of a mole hill about all this. 

I guess I'm just missing some sentimental aspect of the whole thing that struck a nerve with a lot of people.

I don't think it is as much sentimental as a combination of tradition, knowledge vacuum and uniform change weariness.

Like it or not, Civil Air Patrol is our name.  The plan for changing it on the uniforms should have come with a good explanation that could be subject to some examination.  AFAIK, this was sprung on the NB at the last minute (it certainly wasn't in the meeting agenda).  I can't speak to what kind of debate there was as I wasn't there that day.

If we're being confused with foreign org's, it seems that would have been solved with the addition of the reverse US flag patch.  If it's some other reason... well, we'll probably never know because we never get much explanation.

Finally, it's getting hard to keep up on the changes.  Since NHQ's use of proper policy letters or reg updates is rather hit or miss, I'm having trouble figuring out what I need to do on my uniforms.  I'd love to have some amount of pause before more uniform changes.

NEBoom

Quote from: ddelaney103 on March 19, 2007, 08:42:53 PM

Finally, it's getting hard to keep up on the changes.  Since NHQ's use of proper policy letters or reg updates is rather hit or miss, I'm having trouble figuring out what I need to do on my uniforms.  I'd love to have some amount of pause before more uniform changes.

Amen.  If there's ANY "consensus" among the membership on uniforms (at least that I'd support) this is it.  Somebody a while back mentioned a 5 year moratorium on uniform changes.  I'm all for that.
Lt Col Dan Kirwan, CAP
Nebraska Wing

Fifinella

Quote from: Eclipse on March 19, 2007, 08:39:34 PM
...and since no one has officially been directed to make a change, not sure why anyone cares...
Straight from a wing/CC's mouth: Some South American CAP folks were visiting, and everyone's nametapes, their & ours, said "Civil Air Patrol".  The new tapes have been approved, at the NB, and will be phased in NLT MAR 08.

BTW, this board has great intel.  Nearly everything the CC briefed had already been disclosed here.
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

Psicorp

Quote from: Fifinella on March 19, 2007, 09:50:10 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on March 19, 2007, 08:39:34 PM
Straight from a wing/CC's mouth: Some South American CAP folks were visiting, and everyone's nametapes, their & ours, said "Civil Air Patrol".  The new tapes have been approved, at the NB, and will be phased in NLT MAR 08.

BTW, this board has great intel.  Nearly everything the CC briefed had already been disclosed here.

So...the American Flag on the shoulder was confusing?
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

RogueLeader

Off topic, but somewhat related:
Do other Countries have THEIR country name on Branch Tapes?
If the South American CAP members did NOT have them on theirs, why should we?
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

RiverAux

Its not the name of the organization AND I prefer USAF Aux (if we could get it authorized).

RogueLeader

Quote from: RiverAux on March 19, 2007, 10:30:31 PM
Its not the name of the organization AND I prefer USAF Aux (if we could get it authorized).
Amen
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

LtCol White

And we digress back into the same discussion we have 11 pages on already.

Come on guys. The horse isnt even recognizeable anymore.

LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

RogueLeader

I just locked the poll, as it is turning into another thread.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

MIKE

Mike Johnston