National Blue Beret 2013- ICS

Started by Rustydude, July 02, 2013, 03:28:27 AM

Rustydude

Okay, question for cadets/senior members who have attended a NBB activity, or have information regarding ICS before NBB.
       I understand the ICS 100- 700 is "highly encouraged"; however, I am a CERT team member (a course funded by FEMA) which covers ICS training. Will they accept my CERT training, or is there no exceptions other than ICS 100-700?

Thanks, C/MSgt. Page

a2capt

Well, didn't that CERT training include the FEMA IS 100?

.. and that's the same one that CAP is asking for. IS 100, ICS 100. It's the same thing. Though the way FEMA has it worded is that IS 100.b, the current rendition, includes ICS 100.

Point is, you should have a FEMA certificate. Upload that to the documents in your OpsQuals, and have it validated. Then you have it on record.

ARandomCadet

Quote from: Rustydude on July 02, 2013, 03:28:27 AM

Okay, question for cadets/senior members who have attended a NBB activity, or have information regarding ICS before NBB.
       I understand the ICS 100- 700 is "highly encouraged"; however, I am a CERT team member (a course funded by FEMA) which covers ICS training. Will they accept my CERT training, or is there no exceptions other than ICS 100-700?

Thanks, C/MSgt. Page
It's the same thing for me, except I'm not going to NBB. I have to do it for SAR merit badge in Boy Scouts.

Eclipse

Quote from: Rustydude on July 02, 2013, 03:28:27 AM

Did it "cover" ICS or did you complete it with certificate in-hand?

The requirement / encouragement is for completing the classes, including the certs.

Just jump online and kill an hour, it's easier then trying to weasel around, besides, regardless of what NBB wants, if you decide to
go for a CAP rating that requires those classes, the cert will not be optional.

"That Others May Zoom"

Rustydude

NCRblues

It is not optional for NBB. It needs to be documented for participation at osh
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Storm Chaser

"Highly encouraged" is not the same as "required". However, you WILL require ICS-100 and 700 to be qualified in many ES specialties to include Ground Team Member 3 (GTM3), Flight Line Marshaller (FLM), Mission Radio Operator (MRO, to name a few. Given that one of the goals of NBB is to train and qualify members in ES, I would highly encourage you to complete these before attending, regardless of your CERT qualification. If you took these as part of CERT, then all you need to do is upload the certificates and have the tasks validated/approved in eServices Ops Quals.

Storm Chaser

I posted my previous post before reading the one by NCRblues. The Blue Beret NCSA website states that ICS-100 and 700 are required to earn the Blue Beret, so there you go.

RogueLeader

No, you do not have complete IS 700 in order to go to NBB, just if you want any ES certification, and/or if you want that piece of Blue Felt and metal pin.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Rustydude

Okay! I have IS-100 and almost done with IS-700. Thanks! How do I submit the IS certificates into OpsQuals?

NCRblues

Quote from: RogueLeader on July 09, 2013, 03:16:16 PM
No, you do not have complete IS 700 in order to go to NBB, just if you want any ES certification, and/or if you want that piece of Blue Felt and metal pin.

You are incorrect. If the cadet feels like staying past in-processing than it has been made clear all NBB prereqs are completed prior to day one. NBB has no room for members who don't complete the training and no time to back fill.
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

CAPAPRN

I submitted my certs to my Squadron CC and we entered them in and he then signed them off. Your CC should be able to do it with you. It has to be entered into eservices. It will then appear on your 101
Capt. Carol A Whelan CAP CTWG,
CTWG Asst. Director of Communications
CTWG Director of Admin & Personnel
Commander NER-CT-004
DCS CTWG 2015 Encampment

Luis R. Ramos

Rusty-

1. You sign into eservices.
2. Click on My Ops Quals.
3. Click on Emergency Services Entry/View Worksheet.
3b. If asked for a CAPID, type your own, but most of the time you will not be asked.
4. A pull-down menu, bring up the SQTR for IS100, then click on Upload document.
5. The document name you want there is the certificate/file you received from FEMA.
6. You submit the SQTR for unit approval.
7. Your commander approves. Others may approve as well.
8. Repeat for the other one.

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

RogueLeader

Quote from: NCRblues on July 11, 2013, 03:11:43 AM
Quote from: RogueLeader on July 09, 2013, 03:16:16 PM

You are incorrect. If the cadet feels like staying past in-processing than it has been made clear all NBB prereqs are completed prior to day one. NBB has no room for members who don't complete the training and no time to back fill.

From NBB Website:
REQUIRED for participation:

Completion of Aircraft Ground Handling Video and Test                                                     

Completion of ORM Basic Test                       

Completion of ORM Intermediate Test

CAPF 101 for General ES (GES)

Completion of Introductory Communications Users  (ICUT) training

NEW!!! YOU MUST BRING TWO SIGNED COPIES OF CAPF 160 AND 161 WITH YOU!!!!!
Followed by:
HIGHLY encouraged before participation:

Complete the ICS 100 and ICS 700 courses (required to earn the Blue Beret)

Where in any manual say that it is required to participate in NBB that you must have 100 and 700?

That being said, I am working with my flight to ensure that they all have it done prior to the start of NBB, as I want them to have the best experience that they can get.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Rustydude

Thanks the advice is very much appreciated! Also, how do you get ur ORM ratings on your 101 Card? I've completed both ORM Basic as well as the Intermediate and it is on my record that they are active.

Eclipse

Quote from: Rustydude on July 14, 2013, 12:02:46 AM
Thanks the advice is very much appreciated! Also, how do you get ur ORM ratings on your 101 Card? I've completed both ORM Basic as well as the Intermediate and it is on my record that they are active.

They appear automatically when you complete the classes.

"That Others May Zoom"

BHartman007

I have ORM Basic, and it doesn't show on the 101. Is it supposed to?

Wing Assistant Director of Administration
Squadron Deputy Commander for Cadets

Garibaldi

Quote from: BHartman007 on July 14, 2013, 01:48:25 AM
I have ORM Basic, and it doesn't show on the 101. Is it supposed to?

No. It will show up in your training history in e-services.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Luis R. Ramos

I do not think that ORM shows on the 101. Did someone confuse ORM with MRO?  :-[

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Brad

Quote from: flyer333555 on July 14, 2013, 02:42:40 AM
I do not think that ORM shows on the 101. Did someone confuse ORM with MRO?  :-[

Flyer

Looks like it, all I know of "ORM" is in the context of ORMS, the system we use to track logistical assets. MRO on the other hand does not have a "Basic" or "Advanced", either you have it as a trainee, or you have it as a fully qualified skill. There used to be basic and advanced radio traning, i.e. Basic and Advance, but that's been replaced with ICUT, so no go there either.

So yea, Rustydude....whachu talkin' bout Willis?
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN