alexalvarez

Will 39-1 be updated anytime soon?
Ch, Lt. Col., Alex Alvarez
Alamo Composite Squadron, Bexar County Squadron, San Antonio, Texas
Group V Chaplain
Mitchell 1967, Earhart 1967, C/ Lt. Col. 1969
Fifty Year Member 2014

FW

Yes (if by soon, you mean in the next 10 years >:D )

JeffDG

Quote from: FW on June 18, 2013, 06:56:07 PM
Yes (if by soon, you mean in the next 10 years >:D )
Beat me to it, I was going to say "Absolutely.  It will occur soon, on a geologic timescale"

Cliff_Chambliss

The last edition I saw had fig leaves as uniforms and clumps of berries for rank.  I guess by the time we see the next one the uniforms will look like star trek or maybe star wars (or Judge Dredd for the IG).
11th Armored Cavalry Regiment
2d Armored Cavalry Regiment
3d Infantry Division
504th BattleField Surveillance Brigade

ARMY:  Because even the Marines need heros.    
CAVALRY:  If it were easy it would be called infantry.

Critical AOA

It has been delayed so they can add the ABU kilt with ranger insignia to it.   Right now they are debating hem length and whether it is acceptable to go commando while wearing it.   There is concern that someone's bagpipes might show. 
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

Luis R. Ramos

They are also debating whether to allow ghillies, the color; whether the Glengarry should be maroon or blue in a hue different from that used by the National Blue Beret activity. Lastly they decided against allowing grade insignia in the Sporran.

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Storm Chaser

I was going to ask "why is it taking CAP so long to publish a new CAPM 39-1", but couldn't do so with a straight face.  ;D

Peeka

Quote from: David Vandenbroeck on June 18, 2013, 09:10:20 PM
It has been delayed so they can add the ABU kilt with ranger insignia to it.   Right now they are debating hem length and whether it is acceptable to go commando while wearing it.   There is concern that someone’s bagpipes might show. 
Must of stolen the idea from the Royal Irish Rangers... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Irish_Rangers

ol'fido

Swagger sticks and stable belts for everyone!! >:D
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Eclipse

The update is on here somewhere:

"That Others May Zoom"

Devil Doc

When the new 39-1 gets complete, Eclipse will be the Commander of CAP. Stonewall will be Vice Commander, and VandenBroeck will be IG, but then  it will get renewed all over again because they don't like the way it is, then it will be another 10 years, 4 sets of Different Uniforms, before they go back to the regs of 2008, lol.
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

lordmonar

Quote from: ol'fido on June 18, 2013, 10:14:08 PM
Swagger sticks and stable belts for everyone!! >:D
NO NO NO......only for the Hard Core Cadet Program Officers.   >:D
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: Cliff_Chambliss on June 18, 2013, 07:59:38 PM
The last edition I saw had fig leaves as uniforms and clumps of berries for rank.  I guess by the time we see the next one the uniforms will look like star trek or maybe star wars (or Judge Dredd for the IG).

If I should not wear AF Blues the Judge Dredd uniform is right out!

Critical AOA

Quote from: Devil Doc on June 18, 2013, 11:40:53 PM
When the new 39-1 gets complete, Eclipse will be the Commander of CAP. Stonewall will be Vice Commander, and VandenBroeck will be IG, but then  it will get renewed all over again because they don't like the way it is, then it will be another 10 years, 4 sets of Different Uniforms, before they go back to the regs of 2008, lol.

And what the flying fig is wrong with any of that?!   ;)
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

Phillip

The new 39-1 will be published just as soon as the ABUs are approved for CAP use.   :P
Captain

cadetbritton

Quote from: David Vandenbroeck on June 18, 2013, 09:10:20 PM
It has been delayed so they can add the ABU kilt with ranger insignia to it.   Right now they are debating hem length and whether it is acceptable to go commando while wearing it.   There is concern that someone's bagpipes might show.
I am the bagpiper who is making the stink about kilts and this honestly made me laugh and fyi when you don't wear underwear its called regimental when you are talking about kilts

C/SSgt Britton

Sapper168

Quote from: cadetbritton on June 20, 2013, 01:46:05 AM
I am the bagpiper cadet who is making the stink about kilts and this honestly made me laugh and fyi when you don't wear underwear its called regimental when you are talking about kilts

C/SSgt Britton

FTFY   :angel:
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

Critical AOA

Not sure that needed to be fixed for him.  Most likely he defines himself more as a bagpiper than as a cadet.  He probably looks at CAP as an opportunity to play the pipes more than the pipes being something extra he can do in CAP while after doing all of the other things that CAP is really about for cadets.