Encampment Activities

Started by CAPAPRN, June 11, 2013, 12:59:54 AM

Storm Chaser

Encampment is not meant to be basic training and hazing of any kind is not allowed. Period. If I saw a cadet or senior member making other cadets "cry" or displaying any behavior not compatible with CAP, they would be sent home immediately and disciplined accordingly.

ARandomCadet

Quote from: Storm Chaser on July 02, 2013, 10:55:02 PM
Encampment is not meant to be basic training and hazing of any kind is not allowed. Period. If I saw a cadet or senior member making other cadets "cry" or displaying any behavior not compatible with CAP, they would be sent home immediately and disciplined accordingly.
Correct, according to him they made cadets change between uniforms the second they put a different one on in hopes it would break the cadet down so much the cadet would cry. Either way it is unacceptable, even though as a Boy Scout patrol leader (former) I sat, drank soda by the liter and eat pretzels from the bag while making the guys cooking that day, cook, I called it "supervision," and if they needed something I pointed them to the chuck box. That was when I was very lazy.

ol'fido

Sometimes things happen because of the thinking that goes "It was done to me and I'm going to do it to them". This is not a good reason to do anything that can be construed as hazing. This is where senior leadership has to step in and break the cycle. The real truth of it is that we get good cadets not because of these things but in spite of them.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006