Hey ... Did Ya Notice?

Started by ColonelJack, March 15, 2007, 01:57:38 PM

Chris Jacobs

what about adding sandels as optional footwear.
C/1st Lt Chris Jacobs
Columbia Comp. Squadron

lordmonar

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on March 15, 2007, 04:12:51 PM
Quote from: msmjr2003 on March 15, 2007, 04:02:07 PM
Quote from: lordmonar on March 15, 2007, 03:19:57 PM
Quote from: Psicorp on March 15, 2007, 02:35:43 PM
Quote from: lordmonar on March 15, 2007, 02:29:02 PM
Hey!  That reminds me....I got this idea for pink tutus....we can wear them as part of the aircrew uniforms in case we have to bail out!  :)
*grin* kinda like parachute pants, huh?
Hey....that's a good idea too......Parachute Pants and Tutus!
I'm not wearing it unless you let me wear "US Civil Air Patrol" nametapes.
Can you wear metal rank on your hat with the tutu uniform?

Yes but the hat will be an Ultramarine blue "Lord Nelson" hat with a white feather (Red for region and Yellow for National) :D
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

SKYKING607

What t-shirt do I wear under the TuTu Corporate Uniform?  V-neck or crew neck?  What color....
CAWG Career Captain

lordmonar

Quote from: SKYKING607 on March 15, 2007, 06:29:02 PM
What t-shirt do I wear under the TuTu Corporate Uniform?  V-neck or crew neck?  What color....

Wife Beaters only....and they have to be orange! >:D

Psicorp

Quote from: lordmonar on March 15, 2007, 06:30:25 PM

Don't worry though, most of that will be covered up by the florescent green sash the merit badges go on.
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

lordmonar

Quote from: Psicorp on March 15, 2007, 06:37:07 PM

Don't worry though, most of that will be covered up by the florescent green sash the merit badges go on.

The sash should be jet black.....that would look cool....plus the vest is already green and it would not stand out enough! ;D

Okay so lets summarise.

We got:

Brown low quarters (with brown sandals optional)
Blue Socks
Dessert BDU pants
Orange Wife Beater T-shirt
Slime Green Reflective vest (to be worn at all times not just in the field)
Pink Tutu
Blue Pirates hat with medal rank and appropriate feather
Black Sash with "Merit badges" (one for each ES rating, achievement, all your ribbons and every activity you go to).

Oh.....and Gortex jackets are NOT allowed as they interfere with the tutu! ;D

I like it!

Psicorp

Quote from: lordmonar on March 15, 2007, 06:46:22 PM
Quote from: Psicorp on March 15, 2007, 06:37:07 PM

The sash should be jet black.....that would look cool....plus the vest is already green and it would not stand out enough! ;D

Okay so lets summarise.

We got:

Brown low quarters (with brown sandals optional)
Blue Socks
Dessert BDU pants
Orange Wife Beater T-shirt
Slime Green Reflective vest (to be worn at all times not just in the field)
Pink Tutu
Blue Pirates hat with medal rank and appropriate feather
Black Sash with "Merit badges" (one for each ES rating, achievement, all your ribbons and every activity you go to).

Oh.....and Gortex jackets are NOT allowed as they interfere with the tutu! ;D

I like it!

Authorize a ribbon comperable to the "medal of valor" for wearing the TTU in public and I recommend passage as is.
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

lordmonar

Oh I forgot.....swords....we have to authorise swords.....I'm thinking ninja swords.....what say you all?

LTC_Gadget

Quote from: LtCol White on March 15, 2007, 05:03:40 PM
Pink and green....TOGETHER???? Are you crazy??!!

Remember that the Army dress uniform in WWII was called "Pinks & Greens"  The khaki pants had a pinkish cast to them, and the service coat was green horseblanket wool.. Nooo, I wasn't there.  But my dad told me about seeing them...  ;)  We're getting more uniform combinations that the dadgummed Marines... And theirs still look sharper!

LtCol John Boyd
Mitchell & Earhart unnumbered, yada, yada, yada...
OK008
John Boyd, LtCol, CAP
Mitchell and Earhart unnumbered, yada, yada
The older I get, the more I learn.  The more I learn, the more I find left yet to learn.

Psicorp

Quote from: lordmonar on March 15, 2007, 07:07:44 PM
Oh I forgot.....swords....we have to authorise swords.....I'm thinking ninja swords.....what say you all?

Full size katana hilts, six inch blade?

Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

LTC_Gadget

This is the twenty-first century.  Shouldn't we be thinking Light-staffs, ala Sith gear?  ;D
John Boyd, LtCol, CAP
The older I get, the more I learn.  The more I learn, the more I find left yet to learn.

DNall

Holy crap, why didn't I think of it before!?! We don't need FLIR & CBRNE detectors, we need X-wings to track these new ELTs & be of best use in HLS missions.

Pylon

Three shouldercords, a Fourragere, and a neck-order medal should also be worn.  ;)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

DNall

With "SEARCH & RESCUE" on the back in giant reflective letters. Then other missions in smaller lettering trailing off toward the crack, AE being at the bottom, and "will work for AvGas" on the front with the NOC's number.

Quote from: Pylon on March 15, 2007, 07:26:55 PM
Three shouldercords, a Fourragere, and a neck-order medal should also be worn.  ;)
And a bright shiny whistle with lanyard that matches the pistol belt color... varries by ES qualification - may involve stripes for levels.

But none of this can ship till we get the extra special buttons, don't forget that, and they are still on backorder trying to cover all the TPU jackets.

lordmonar

Quote from: LTC_Gadget on March 15, 2007, 07:16:56 PM

This is the twenty-first century.  Shouldn't we be thinking Light-staffs, ala Sith gear?  ;D

Ohhh....I like the way you think!.....we can use the color of the blades to tell what rank you are!!

LTC_Gadget

Quote from: lordmonar on March 15, 2007, 07:41:50 PM
Quote from: LTC_Gadget on March 15, 2007, 07:16:56 PM

Ohhh....I like the way you think!.....we can use the color of the blades to tell what rank you are!!

Ok, I find myself wondering how the different colors of light would play out in varying conditions, etc. and wonder about a different strategy.. What if, at the base of the light beam, just above the hilt, it was interstected by 'hashes' of light in half and full stripes like naval sleeve braid?   How sick izzat??  ;D

John Boyd, LtCol, CAP

BillB

I've just discovered the reason CAP membership is dropping. All the sane people left.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

LTC_Gadget

Quote from: BillB on March 15, 2007, 08:03:01 PM
I've just discovered the reason CAP membership is dropping. All the sane people left.

Well, obviously, I can't speak for anyone else, but mine, at least, is nothing more than dry, extreme, tongue-in-cheek humor; a stress reliever during a welluvaheek. It's the sane  people that need a release; the insane don't care. Some of us have lived through so many hair-brained ideas/schemes that we have to laugh about it. The only alternative is to cry, scream, or run around in circles.  It's about perspective.  So, if we're still here, puttin' up with it, I'd say we weren't the problem.  Besides, sayin' it is one thing; doin' it is somethin' else again.  Have a great day, what's left of it.

John Boyd, LtCol, CAP

LtCol White

LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

ColonelJack

All of a sudden, I'm sorry I mentioned it.

;D

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia