Noticed something funny on Vanguard Web site

Started by w7sar, March 15, 2007, 05:23:21 AM

w7sar

I was looking at Vanguard to place an order . . . on the awards page with all the ribbons.  Under most of the ribbons, I read:  "Refer to CAP Manuel 39-1 for the proper wear and placement."

Now, what I need to know, where can I find Manuel so I can refer my question?

Jerry Wellman, Col., CAP
NHQ CAP Assistant Senior Program Manager
Command & Control Communications
jwellman@cap.gov
(C) 801.541.3741
U.S. Air Force Auxiliary

Major Carrales

Quote from: w7sar on March 15, 2007, 05:23:21 AM
I was looking at Vanguard to place an order . . . on the awards page with all the ribbons.  Under most of the ribbons, I read:  "Refer to CAP Manuel 39-1 for the proper wear and placement."

Now, what I need to know, where can I find Manuel so I can refer my question?

Manuel?

Curious...

Enter, "Civil Air Patrol cadets" into Google, exactally like that and look at the first link.  Then report...
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

w7sar

That Google search is also funny,  but no Manuel on that page either. :D
Jerry Wellman, Col., CAP
jwellman@cap.gov
(C) 801.541.3741
U.S. Air Force Auxiliary

DNall

he's the guy that wrote the manual. Type-o, get over it. :D

w7sar

::)
I would believe typo, but it's repeated a significant number of times, and that's what makes it funny.    And sad.  Few companies would send out a printed catalog without proofreading, but the Web?  Spelling and grammar don't seem to matter. 
Jerry Wellman, Col., CAP
jwellman@cap.gov
(C) 801.541.3741
U.S. Air Force Auxiliary

SarDragon

Quote from: Major Carrales on March 15, 2007, 05:26:29 AMEnter, "Civil Air Patrol cadets" into Google, exactally like that and look at the first link.  Then report...

OK, did that, both with and without the quote marks. What did I miss?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

shorning

Quote from: SarDragon on March 15, 2007, 07:29:14 AM
Quote from: Major Carrales on March 15, 2007, 05:26:29 AMEnter, "Civil Air Patrol cadets" into Google, exactally like that and look at the first link.  Then report...

OK, did that, both with and without the quote marks. What did I miss?

You missed the CAP NHQ Cadet programs page.  It was pretty amazing.  You really missed out...

DNall

which is more embarassing?

(courtesy capblog)

it's unprofessional in published stuff for the public, but come on, you knew what they meant & probably didn't miss a beat.

Lancer

Quote from: DNall on March 15, 2007, 07:56:01 AM
which is more embarassing embarrassing?  >:D
it's unprofessional in published stuff for the public, but come on, you knew what they meant & probably didn't miss a beat.

It really would have been embarrassing if they spelled 'Education' wrong.  :-[

But your right, at first glance, you see the word and know what the intended meaning is, even if you don't immediately notice that it's spelled wrong. That's like the much forwarded e-mail describing how you can scramble the letters within a word throughout a paragraph and as long as the first and last letters of each word is correct, you can perceive what is being written.

Major Carrales

Quote from: shorning on March 15, 2007, 08:02:42 AM
I got this:  http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Civil+Air+Patrol+cadets%22&sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B3GGGL_en___US209

Well, it looks like someone at national is on their toes...capital for them.

Yesterday it took you to this page...

"Civila Air Patrol," almost in an Italian Accent "doubletalk."  To the continue the Parole quasi italiani, check out your Mission Scanner SQTR work sheet, or should I say Missino...

Commander
SWR-TX-454

Psicorp

<post retracted due to a lack of something sufficiently wity to replace it with>
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: Psicorp on March 15, 2007, 03:55:44 PM
*snicker*

It's the media's fault, truly it is...just because we're under the command of a General in the Guatamalan Air Force....

Maybe Manuel is a friend of Antonio?
Another former CAP officer

LtCol White

I wonder is Manuel is the national commander of the Civila Air Patrol. I bet they have lots of cabilities and resources!!

>:D
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

Major Carrales

These are, most likely, typos of haste.  Not unlike those were post here from time to time. :o

Let's get them corrected.

Commander
SWR-TX-454

LtCol White

I agree. But we can still have a little fun at the expense since it already happened.

LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

Major Carrales

Quote from: LtCol White on March 15, 2007, 04:41:56 PM
I agree. But we can still have a little fun at the expense since it already happened.

True...

I was not trying to "scold" anyone  :D , just pointing out that at the end of this...we should work to correct these typos.

Commander
SWR-TX-454

LtCol White

LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

DNall

There's another one I keep noticing in the SQTRs. Says have to demonstrate ability to coodinate with "ground brace" Guess that's for the broken leg when you tell pilots they can't fly.

Chappie

Quote from: LtCol White on March 15, 2007, 04:32:25 PM
I wonder is Manuel is the national commander of the Civila Air Patrol. I bet they have lots of cabilities and resources!!

>:D

Lt. Col. White....you owe me a keyboard.   :D
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)