How about one Common-Sense Uniform Change ... ???

Started by Chaplaindon, March 13, 2007, 03:50:36 PM

Should CAP have both male and female sized epaulet sleeves?

Yes
30 (75%)
No
10 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Chaplaindon

As I was preparing my Corporate Uniform for a meeting, a pet-peeve of mine rasied its ugly head again.

To wit, I ask the Blog: Shouldn't CAP manufacture its gray service mark insignia (the epaulet loops) similarly to the way the USAF does? By that I wonder why --for my whole CAP career-- CAP officers have had one size of these shoulder marks (one for both the male and female uniform) and the USAF has two sizes.

If you haven't noticed the epaulets of the male USAF uniform and the aviator shirt are longer than those on the female shirts. In the USAF there are two lengths of shoulder marks: a longer (and more tapered) one for the males and a shorter (less tapered) one for the females. Both fit their respective shirts much better than the "one-size-misfits-all" of the CAP gray ones. As it is, the gray marks are way too short for the male uniform shirt and almost too long for the female one.

When CAP-ers wear the new Corporate Uniform they get to wear USAF insignia and it looks so much better.

I suggest that CAP maufacture and market two sizes (and I think the longer gray epaulet loops will look even better on the USAF service coat too). It would look better --and would be revenue positive (although I hate giving Vanguard more $$$).

Thoughts ... comments ...
Rev. Don Brown, Ch., Lt Col, CAP (Ret.)
Former Deputy Director for CISM at CAP/HQ
Gill Robb Wilson Award # 1660
ACS-Chaplain, VFC, IPFC, DSO, NSO, USCG Auxiliary
AUXOP

lordmonar

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

BillB

CAP Mart used to stock the shoulder sleeves in two different sizes, one male, one female. Now the only different lengths available is in mess dress shoulder baords.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Chaplaindon

BillB,

Really? In two sizes?

I knew about the hard shoulder boards for the Messy Dress coming in male and female sizes, but didn't/don't know of the soft shoulder marks being (or ever having been in the nearly 25 years I've been a member) available likewise.
Rev. Don Brown, Ch., Lt Col, CAP (Ret.)
Former Deputy Director for CISM at CAP/HQ
Gill Robb Wilson Award # 1660
ACS-Chaplain, VFC, IPFC, DSO, NSO, USCG Auxiliary
AUXOP

DNall

I'm pretty sure they had female sized boards with blue slides... considering it's just add the "CAP" to AF slides, but they were in batches not made continuously due to demand, so they never made the transition thru the rainbow effect till now. I think it's just a cost issue at this point. That and the cut of the white aviator shirts lends itself more to a universal slide than the female blue blouse. Side note: make sure you make a batch of female sized C/officer slides at the same time; and of course they are optional for femailes only to present the best appearance.

Psicorp

Quote from: DNall on March 13, 2007, 06:42:02 PM
I'm pretty sure they had female sized boards with blue slides... considering it's just add the "CAP" to AF slides, but they were in batches not made continuously due to demand, so they never made the transition thru the rainbow effect till now. I think it's just a cost issue at this point. That and the cut of the white aviator shirts lends itself more to a universal slide than the female blue blouse. Side note: make sure you make a batch of female sized C/officer slides at the same time; and of course they are optional for femailes only to present the best appearance.

There used to be smaller sized C/Officer slides...I don't recall them being labeled "male" and "female", but I'm sure some of the shorter ones can still be found floating about.

Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257