Unknown Explosions at Boston Marathon

Started by Jaison009, April 15, 2013, 07:40:59 PM

Pylon

Quote from: Woodsy on April 19, 2013, 07:43:28 AM
CNN and Fox News not saying it's related. That's a whole lot of firepower on the streets though...  Could be a long night...

It's related.  I live a few miles from this mess happening.  The shootout in Watertown was about a football field from my office.  The two suspects the FBI had from Monday's bombing are the one's involved in tonight's 7-Eleven armed robbery, shooting and killing of the MIT officer, car jacking of the Mercedes, pursuit, detonation of bombs or grenades and massive shootout (in which a second officer was seriously wounded and hundreds of rounds were exchanged), and now subsequent cordon and search for the one remaining suspect (one was killed by police in the shootout).
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

a2capt

They got the 19 year old, was hiding in a back yard on a boat, in Watertown, where Franklin St. bends in an L shape.

Pylon

Quote from: a2capt on April 20, 2013, 01:01:33 AM
They got the 19 year old, was hiding in a back yard on a boat, in Watertown, where Franklin St. bends in an L shape.

Yeah. A block and a half from my office.  Hah.

There's so much cheering in Boston I can hear all sorts of yelling and revelry from my apartment.  The whole city is literally cheering.

a2capt

Was I-90 closed during this mess, too?

Looking at the photos of streets I know, have been on, -deserted- on a Friday mid-day was just unnervingly creepy.

Pylon

Quote from: a2capt on April 20, 2013, 01:35:07 AM
Was I-90 closed during this mess, too?
Didn't appear so.  Very limited traffic there just like the rest of the city.  There was no travel ban; just a strong request by police and governor to remain indoors.

Quote from: a2capt on April 20, 2013, 01:35:07 AMLooking at the photos of streets I know, have been on, -deserted- on a Friday mid-day was just unnervingly creepy.

No kidding.  The city was incredibly creepy and eerily quiet today.  I was waiting for a tumbleweed to drift across the streets.