Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 16, 2017, 11:46:03 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Announcements  |  Topic: CAPTalk's 8th Anniversary
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CAPTalk's 8th Anniversary  (Read 1147 times)
Pylon
Administrator

Unit: NER-NH-038

Michael Kieloch, Marketing Communications & PR Leadership
« on: February 13, 2013, 02:22:26 PM »

It's CAPTalk's 8th Anniversary!

I just wanted to take a few moments to thank all of the people who contribute and have contributed over the past eight years to helping other Civil Air Patrol members and making CAPTalk a professional resource.  When I say contributors, that includes all of the users who pose questions, share ideas, brainstorm solutions, offer experience, help dissect regulations, answer questions, and add to the pool of knowledge contained in the more than 300,000 posts here.

I also include and want to specifically thank those people who help Jerry (whatevah) and I run the site -- our moderating team: MIKE (Mike Johnston), CAPSGT (Michael Crockett), CmdBuddy (Christie Ducote), dcpacemaker (Daniel Pace), and JC004 (James Colgan).  This site doesn't operate in a vacuum and these individuals have helped over the years to stop spammers, delete offensive material, move, merge, and split topics, moderate disagreements, monitor every discussion on the site, and help keep the forum professional and clean in nature.  Without their volunteer efforts, CAPTalk would not be running.

Going forward, I'd like to see the site continue to grow in its professional resource role.  CAPTalk does serve as a de facto place to discuss everything of interest to CAP members (in part because we're the only major CAP discussion community online), but I think there's room to expand the amount of topics we have surrounding helpful, problem-solving, idea-sharing topics.  Take some time to think back over your years of CAP experience and pull out some solutions, ideas, or projects you've found to be successful.  Share those with us here so that all of us (and not just the newest CAP members here) can benefit.

Here's to another 8 years!  8)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 02:25:45 PM by Pylon » Logged
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP
Concord Composite Squadron, NH       
Майор Хаткевич
200,000th Post Author
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

Unit: GLR-IL-049

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 03:12:36 PM »

It's my fiancee's 23rd B-day as well!
Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Announcements  |  Topic: CAPTalk's 8th Anniversary