Main Menu

Belittling the USAF

Started by Dad2-4, January 15, 2013, 01:19:31 AM

Texas Raiders

I think everyone in every branch has done most if not all of that.  Nice effort though.   ;)
SM Randy Patterson
DPO
399th Comp. Squadron,  Danbury, CT "Yankee Hatters"
IAFF Local 1567
USCG- 1998-2010   Boatswain's Mate
Former member of the old 273rd/ Mid-County Composite Squadron, Nederland, Texas- 1994-2000

LGM30GMCC

That video was clearly made by USAF personnel. It's a joke about how the operational reality of life in the service is not exactly as action-oriented or glamorous as the recruiting campaigns, including that one, make it out to be.

I wanted to do something similar with the 'It's not science fiction, it's reality' for our career field. However we would change it to 'It's not historical fiction, it's reality' since so many of our systems are 70's-90's era technology.

J2H

The new Air Force is the Battle Air Force.  Warrior "Week" is now called BEAST and I believe is a few weeks now of Combat Training.  Security Forces has been humping sand, taking over for the Army, at least since 2007 or 2008... we JUST recently went back to "Air Base Defense" mission priority.  I humped a convoy or two in my day, as well as guarded terrorist EPWs, and worked the main contractor gate (where the ASR went right past us).  I'm not ranting, just saying, we've changed.
SSgt Jeffrey Hughes, Squadron NCO
Glenn L. Martin Composite Squadron MD-031

Equinox

Quote from: bosshawk on January 15, 2013, 01:53:01 AM
Or old corpse.

I happen to have served in the Army for slightly more than 30 years, but I still have high regards for the AF.

Or "corpsemen" instead of "corpsman!"

It was the president's joke, not mine.  >:D
Signature edited.  Violation of Membership Code of Conduct.

PHall

Quote from: Equinox on March 12, 2013, 02:04:43 AM
Quote from: bosshawk on January 15, 2013, 01:53:01 AM
Or old corpse.

I happen to have served in the Army for slightly more than 30 years, but I still have high regards for the AF.

Or "corpsemen" instead of "corpsman!"

It was the president's joke, not mine.  >:D

Yet you feel the need to post it here..... >:(

M_Archambault

I am an AF veteran, CAP and AFA member, father, pastor and a pretty good husband. Each member of the family has a role and responsibility. This guy may be a member of your family, but is not a member of our/your service family. There is no way to explain to someone outside the group what it is really like. Love him for the good in him and let the rest go.

Be blessed