Uniform Tape Test

Started by Devil Doc, January 01, 2013, 12:37:33 AM

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: PHall on January 13, 2013, 03:34:05 AM
Other then the missing pleats on the pockets, it's a match for the AIR FORCE uniform shirt.
This solves "your" problem how? By looking less like CAP and more like USAF??? ???

I expected this.  Some people in CAP automatically associate any uniform item in blue with the AF.  I'm surprised there hasn't been a move to change the blazer to grey. >:(

Does "looking like CAP" automatically equate to grey and white to you?

It is darker than the AF shirt, different weight, different fabric.  It's what airline pilots wear!

It would add a bit of colour to the uniform.

And...the AF does not have a trademark on everything blue!

Apparently you didn't notice that I didn't suggest changing the grey trousers or accoutrements.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

a2capt

No, the Air Force does not have a trade mark on everything blue.

But they do have a trade mark on us, in some ways.

All they have to do is have a fit over something and it happens, or goes away.

Like berry boards and CSU's. ;)

PHall

Going to a blue shirt that closely resembles the Air Force uniform is nothing more then poking a hornet nest with a stick.
Somebody's going to get stung.

I was around the last time CAP did something stupid and got "punished".
I would prefer to not go through that again.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: PHall on January 13, 2013, 05:53:19 AM
Going to a blue shirt that closely resembles the Air Force uniform is nothing more then poking a hornet nest with a stick.
Somebody's going to get stung.

I was around the last time CAP did something stupid and got "punished".
I would prefer to not go through that again.

If you mean the berry boards, I came in just as that was happening.

If the Air Force regards anything but a white shirt as "poking a hornet's nest," as you put it, which there is no proof of,who owns the problem? 

If someone cannot tell that a blue shirt with grey trousers and shoulder marks is not the AF uniform, they need an optometrist.

Such a statement is symptomatic of too much of CAP...hypotheses that "this will tick off the AF," without even asking them.

I never said to go unilateral with it, like the way the CSU was introduced.  I mean go through proper procedures for approval.

ASK THEM.

The worst they can say is "no."

Or are we afraid as an organisation to ask even that?

Even a khaki/tan shirt would look better than the way it is now.

To just say "the status quo is all we can have" is fallacious without any supporting evidence.

Where is it written that the only acceptable colours for CAP are grey and white and that to even suggest something else is some sort of offence?

Quote from: a2capt on January 13, 2013, 05:02:18 AM
All they have to do is have a fit over something and it happens, or goes away.

Like berry boards and CSU's. ;)

Assuming, as I said to PHall, that they would have a fit over it, which no-one knows if they do not ask!

The berry boards were a punitive action against the whole organisation for the actions of a few jerks who would have done the same thing no matter what colour their epaulettes were.

The CSU was killed by CAP, not by the Air Force.  There is no proof the Air Force had anything to do with it.  There was no reason given, period, remember?  It was just "CSU has been approved for phase-out" and that is all it was.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011