Main Menu

signature

Started by Honor Guardsman, December 21, 2012, 05:00:08 PM

Honor Guardsman

Alright I look stupid asking this but, how do you get the signature at the bottom?

Offutteer

Click on Profile and then click on Modify profile and select Forum Profile. 

The first Profile button is towards the top just under the log in information.

the Modify Profile button will then appear on the top left.

C/2d Lt

How do you save a picture to the signature?
C/1st Lt Neuman                                                 Cadet Executive Officer    NER-NY- 135                                    

Kansas Wing Winter Encampment ES Flight-2012       *GTM3, MRO, UDF, FLM, MSA
New York Wing Encampment-
              2012- Golf Flight Inflight
              2013- Charlie Flight Commander- Honor Flight for the Encampment
              2014- Squadron 2 Commander

Extremepredjudice

I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

West MI-CAP-Ret

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on December 22, 2012, 06:50:50 AM
[img]url[/img]

I just asked a question as to how to create these icons for our membership info display that shows up on some member's postings. 

I know a little bit about code, etc, but not enough to make it work for this site.

It would be great if when folks join this site/blog, that instructions as to how to create these award displays where forthcoming either when we signup/join, or instructions are provided in some other forum instructions folks can access (there are several little tidbits regarding how to do things in this site that I find as I search and review postings, that would be helpful if it was provided for new members, etc, when they initially join; like in a Welcome letter)  8)
MAJ DAVID J. D'ARCY, CAP (Ret) 8 Apr 2018 (1974-1982, 1988-2018)
A former member of:
West Michigan Group MI-703,
Hudsonville Cadet Sqdron MI-135 (name changed to Park Township, Al Johnson Cadet Sqdrn)
Lakeshore Cadet Sqdrn MI-119
Van Dyke Cadet Sqdrn, MI-117
Phoenix Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-065 (inactive)
Novi Sixgate Cadet Sqdrn (inactive), MI-068
Inkster Cherry Hill Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-283 (inactive)

capgirl

For those of you who don't know how to get a URL for your image, you can follow these steps.

1. Send yourself an email with the picture you want to use attached.
2. Pull up that email. Right click on the attached image and click "Copy Image Location" (or something similar depending on the browser you're using).
3. Log on to CAP Talk.
4. Click on Profile.
5. Hover your mouse over Modify Profile and click Forum Profile.
6. Go down to the Signature box. Type .
7. Right click in between the "img"s and click Paste.
8. Click "Change Profile".

And you're done!

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do. - Helen Keller

Майор Хаткевич

I just see boxes with question marks....that's probably not the right way to do it.

Eclipse

Quote from: usafaux2004 on March 13, 2013, 07:28:19 PM
I just see boxes with question marks....that's probably not the right way to do it.

Trying to link to an attachment in gmail is not going to work.

"That Others May Zoom"

capgirl

That's odd. I can see everything fine on my end.  :-\ It's worked on my websites too and nobody has ever had a problem with it. I am sorry it did not work for you.
I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do. - Helen Keller

Eclipse

Quote from: capgirl on March 13, 2013, 07:33:47 PM
That's odd. I can see everything fine on my end.  :-\ It's worked on my websites too and nobody has ever had a problem with it. I am sorry it did not work for you.

Can anyone else see them on your websites?  Depending on how yo load them, you can see them and no one else can.

"That Others May Zoom"

capgirl

Quote from: Eclipse on March 13, 2013, 07:40:35 PM
Quote from: capgirl on March 13, 2013, 07:33:47 PM

Can anyone else see them on your websites?  Depending on how yo load them, you can see them and no one else can.

I've actually gotten compliments on the photos on my website that I did using my Gmail email method.

Eclipse

What web host are you using?  I can't imagine how you can link directly to gmail attachments, even in Google sites.

"That Others May Zoom"

EMT-83

Whenever I open this topic, I get prompted to log into my gmail account.

Eclipse

Quote from: DemonOps on March 13, 2013, 04:45:13 PMIt would be great if when folks join this site/blog, that instructions as to how to create these award displays where forthcoming either when we signup/join, or instructions are provided in some other forum instructions folks can access (there are several little tidbits regarding how to do things in this site that I find as I search and review postings, that would be helpful if it was provided for new members, etc, when they initially join; like in a Welcome letter)

The award displays are not a standard part of using this forum, it's something that has evolved over time, and are created in various ways.

Generally people create a graphic via whatever means they have at their disposal (Photoshop, paid services, image farms, etc.) and then post it on a hosting site and link back to it here as an addition to their signature.

"That Others May Zoom"

vesryn

How do you get the ribbons into the signature? Is that for seniors only?
Eaker #3363
NYWG Encampment Cadet Commander 2018
NYWG Encampment '13, '14, '15, '18, '19

Garibaldi

Quote from: Stegapop on August 10, 2013, 08:09:34 PM

You need to create a ribbon rack first of all, in your preferred program like photoshop or paint. You can get your rack at any number of websites. Next, you will need to create an account on a website that allows hosting of the images, like imgur. Once you upload the rack into whatever site you choose, there should be an option to use bbcode. Copy that, then go into your profile here, edit it, and paste that code into the sig file area.

Et, voila! vous-etes fini.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

VNY

Quote from: Stegapop on August 10, 2013, 08:09:34 PM

Lets see if mine worked.  I'm linking to a google + image.

maholtzclaw

Working on Signature but still not perfect.
Mark A. Holtzclaw Lt.Col, CAP
Director Aerospace Education
Ohio Wing

MacGruff

I think I finally found some instructions on the board that I could follow. And here are the results!!!!   >:D

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: