Uniform policy for Ranger items

Started by Airborne Medic, October 31, 2012, 11:37:56 PM

Airborne Medic

Folks,

I'm trying to find a policy letter for the Hawk Mountain/NC Wing uniform policy concerning Ranger items.  I saw one a while back but am unable to find it.  What I'm looking for is the requirement and authorization to replace the wing patch with the Search and Rescue patch.
Thanks.

Майор Хаткевич

I don't know or care about it, but capmembers.com and under refs manuals etc. ICL title under 39-1.

whatevah

Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

DCCDaubach

Quote from: usafaux2004 on November 01, 2012, 12:34:04 AM
I don't know or care about it, but capmembers.com and under refs manuals etc. ICL title under 39-1.

Ok, I hate to be the person to say this, but realll?  Are we starting to forget our Core Value of "Respect".  You may or may not care about the Ranger Tabs, however someone else might.  Can we begin showing some respect for other members?
TFO Adam Daubach, 385631
Deputy Commander for Cadet, NCR-MO-040
Assistant Cadet Activities Officer, NCR-MO-001
MOWG CAC Senior Advisor

tsrup

Quote from: DCCDaubach on November 01, 2012, 05:41:50 AM

Ok, I hate to be the person to say this, but realll?  Are we starting to forget our Core Value of "Respect".  You may or may not care about the Ranger Tabs, however someone else might.  Can we begin showing some respect for other members?

::)
Paramedic
hang-around.

Sapper168

Quote from: Airborne Medic on October 31, 2012, 11:37:56 PM
Folks,

I'm trying to find a policy letter for the Hawk Mountain/NC Wing uniform policy concerning Ranger items.  I saw one a while back but am unable to find it.  What I'm looking for is the requirement and authorization to replace the wing patch with the Search and Rescue patch.
Thanks.

The Interim Change Letter authorizes one tape to be worn directly above the tape over the left bdu pocket and the 39-1 already authorizes you to wear the activity patch, in this case i am assuming you are taking about the 'keystone' SaR patch, centered on the left BDU breast pocket
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

Майор Хаткевич

So...if I don't care or know anything about astrophysics, but can guide them to the science section in the library, I'm not respecting someone who does?

Where are you going with this again?

Angus

Quote from: usafaux2004 on November 01, 2012, 02:11:28 PM

So...if I don't care or know anything about astrophysics, but can guide them to the science section in the library, I'm not respecting someone who does?

Where are you going with this again?

This is for DCC, another thing besides the above post for you to consider is that this has been discussed before so after awhile seeing some of the same stuff come up does get old.  Plus it also gets into that whole Ranger topic which seems to be the third rail of topics here on Captalk.  So the not caring can also be attributed to a feeling of "oh no, not again."
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

RogueLeader

I thought ABU's were the third rail. ???  I was sure that Rangers were the 7th circle of Hades.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Angus

Quote from: RogueLeader on November 01, 2012, 04:31:44 PM
I thought ABU's were the third rail. ???  I was sure that Rangers were the 7th circle of Hades.

Well nothing gets the vitrol going so much as Ranger Tabs.  ABU's at least there's some spirited opinions on either side. 
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

cpyahoo

Angus, don't forget berets.  The topic of berets will spin 'em up as much as Ranger strips. 

Hats and patches... too funny!