Utility Uniform Oddity

Started by MIKE, February 22, 2007, 05:11:10 AM

alamrcn

Quote from: CaptLord on February 26, 2007, 11:08:21 PM
Okay, I guess I have been out of the uniform argument venue for awhile, so you guys will have to update me! 1) Did the Air Force approve (require) the shoulder flag, or is this an informal Pinedism? 2) I heard that Wing Supplements would be limited in time and require National approval and admission to regulations, is this correct? 3) Are you gents inferring that a Wing Commander cannot require us to wear the Wing Patch on the BDU's? 4) My understanding is that CAWG does require the Wing Patch on BDUs. Is this correct and permissable? Lots of questions, sorry please don't kill me!

1) Approved? That's a little subjective, like most of the recent changes. Pinedism? Absolutely!
2) It's a good idea if it's true... as long as National isn't trying to standardize Wing suppliments, because then what is the point?
3) Yes, a Wing or Region CC can - and has - required the wear of the shoulder patch.
4) CAWG has a few odd suppliments that need reviewing by National. However, CAWG does wear the wing patch still and even has special wearing instructions (approved by Nat'l) due to its shape!

- Ace

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

Hawk200

Quote from: DNall on February 26, 2007, 10:54:25 PM
I would agree with that.

I second the notion....

Can we call that a motion carried? Please?  ;D

DNall

Quote from: Hawk200 on February 27, 2007, 03:34:56 AM
Quote from: DNall on February 26, 2007, 10:54:25 PM
I would agree with that.

I second the notion....

Can we call that a motion carried? Please?  ;D
Soon as you call the quorum.

Hawk200

Quote from: alamrcn on February 27, 2007, 12:35:56 AM
The feeling of "if you have to have it, it should be provided" gets old when used in reference to a $2 patch and not a $30 short-sleeve blues shirt like the chits were developed for. 

I can see that point, but I can also offer another reason. Personally, why should I bother ordering it when National doesn't require it? Besides, it's not like there is only a single uniform to wear it on. So, it's not just one $2 patch.

I don't pay for anyone to sew anything on for me. I think it's a ripoff. But it is another consideration. How much does it cost to sew on that $2 patch? Some places charge as much to sew it on as it costs.

RogueLeader

Quote from: MIKE on February 22, 2007, 10:21:03 PM
Quote from: brasda91 on February 22, 2007, 10:06:49 PM
Wing/Region/National patches are now optional on BDUs, flight suits, CAP field and utility uniforms.

I know, that's not what I'm asking.
It also depends on wing policy.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340