Ergodyne Tenacious Hi-Viz Molle Vest

Started by Eclipse, September 26, 2012, 05:30:00 PM

N7MOG

The item from The Vest Guy, opposed to a hi-vis MOLLE that could have visability obscured, looks like a plausable solution.

Eclipse: how much room is in the back pocket?  Do you find it comfortable to sit in a vehicle wearing it and full of your stuff? Is it maybe a distraction if you are driving or are you in a passenger seat?  Just curious.

Bill Collister
SD WG DC
Bill Collister
SDWG DC
Cadet in 1968-1973 (Mitchell Award)
Collecter of knowledge since then, finding out my parents got real smart about the time I turned 18....
Improvise, Adapt and Overcome - Semper Fidelis

The original content of this post is Copyright (c) 2014 by William Collister.  The right to reproduce the content of this post within CAP-Talk only for the purposes of providing a quoted reply, by CAP-Talk users only, is specifically granted. All other rights, including "Fair Use," are specifically reserved.

Eclipse

It unzips on both sides and is large enough for a full-sized clipboard, however I wouldn't pack it full for getting in and out of a car, it's be just as uncomfortable as sitting on a full butt pack.

"That Others May Zoom"

Walkman

Quote from: Eclipse on December 04, 2012, 06:34:56 PM
The full list, including an MRE fits, - there's a large pocket in most of them in the back for things like the tarp, food, etc.
On mine, the pockets are 1/2 empty.  When you get down to it, there's not really >that< much stuff required for GTM.
The MRE is usually the bulkiest thing.  Break that up into its parts and its even easier to fit everything.

I've been working lightening my load, so I know what you mean.

Would that pocket fit a hydration bladder?

Eclipse

Not the one I have, mainly because it's a horizontal pocket.  I just wear the hydro under the vest, though after these conversations
I may add a pocket to the inside for the hydro.

I still also have that vest I tested last year, but I'd need to add some reflective material to get it compliant.

"That Others May Zoom"

SJFedor

Quote from: Eclipse on December 04, 2012, 05:12:33 PM
Quote from: SARDOC on December 04, 2012, 04:10:27 PM
something like this might be a move in the right direction as well.  It's a bit pricey but not bad thinking.

http://www.thevestguy.com/product/10367

You an get the same style vest on eBay for ~$25.  IMO it's the one that should be adopted as standard for CAP ground teams.
It fits the whole kit, can be procured in ANSI II, and matches the role we play.

That would be fun for work, but I'd need to get this on the back of it:

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)