Main Menu

TIG Problem

Started by RogueLeader, February 20, 2007, 05:51:14 PM

SarDragon

I just looked at the online promotion form in eServices, and it seems to allow only duty performance promotions. I put in my own CAPID, and came up short on two items - TIG, and Level IV completion.

If the system doesn't know when his TIG as 1Lt started, it's not going to work. I think this will need to be done with a paper F2, at least to 1Lt. At the very least, he will need to be in the system as a SM before anything else can be determined.

YMMV.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

arajca

Quote from: SarDragon on March 28, 2007, 06:32:38 PM
Quote from: AlphaSigOU on March 28, 2007, 11:31:24 AM
Quote from: SJFedor on March 28, 2007, 11:09:06 AM
Here's a question since it bears some semblance on myself soon...

I turn 21 in a few weeks, and as an SFO with my TIG, I'm elligible for Capt. However, eServices still shows me as a SMWOG, elligible for 2d Lt. Would the best way for my promotion to go through be to fill out a Paper F2 with all the corresponding information as to why I'm going from SM to Capt as a duty performance?

It really would be nice if National kept track of the FO grades, make a lot less of a headache when transition time comes.

Just to be on the safe side, I would go ahead and send in the Form 2, since FO/SFO/TFO grades are not tracked. The online duty promotion system, if I remember correctly only works for members over 21. But I could be wrong...

You are, AFAIK, correct. I might be inclined, as a Pers type, to wait until after you turn 21 and do your F12, then see what shows up in MIMS, and then proceed accordingly.

Looking at a F2, this might end up being a two part process - a Section 2 SPECIAL APPOINTMENT/PROMOTION to whatever you are entitled to from the cadet program, and then a Duty Performance promotion to Capt.

Or it can all be done with a paper form and the appropriate entries in the Remarks section. I've never had to do one of these before.

YMMV.
Since you're transitioning from SFO to Capt, it is a Duty Performance only, no special appointment paperwork  necessary. Ref CAPR 35-5, Ref Section II, Figure 2.

Fill out CAPF 2, Sections I, II, and III - Subsection (1). In Section IX, enter your promotion date to SFO and, to make it easier for the approvers, how many months ago it was. Then submit, keeping a copy for yourself of course.

Pylon

Quote from: arajca on March 28, 2007, 07:11:06 PMFill out CAPF 2, Sections I, II, and III - Subsection (1). In Section IX, enter your promotion date to SFO and, to make it easier for the approvers, how many months ago it was. Then submit, keeping a copy for yourself of course.

Exactly as Arajca said!

If you want to make it even easier for the powers that be to verify your SFO Date of Grade (since it was your squadron commander who approved your SFO promotion, but Group or Wing CC who must approve the Capt), attach a copy of your signed and dated CAPF 2 from the SFO promo.

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP