Cadets requirements to wear AF-style flight suit

Started by joshmwilliams, July 31, 2012, 02:43:49 PM

SJFedor

Quote from: Eclipse on July 31, 2012, 07:51:56 PM
Quote from: coudano on July 31, 2012, 07:50:36 PM
QuoteThe verbiage is very clear - GT = BDU.  If you sign in as a GT, and get hurt in blues, your coverage could well be at risk.

Horse crap.
CAP's insurance doesn't have jack squat to do with what clothes you are wearing.

Read the task guide.  The BDU is called out as required equipment.   You think that's not the first thing that will be asked
if you're in a court room?

Task guide is not a regulation, it's how training for a specialty is performed. CAPR 60-3 governs ES operations, and I don't see anything saying "Ground Team = BDU's". And for that matter, even if the task guide says "GT = BDU's", then you've just dropped all the seniors/cadets who wear the BBDU, because it's not specifically spelled out and authorized in the "task guide". BDU ≠ BBDU, so GT ≠ BBDU. 

And there's not a single mention of the word "uniform" or "BDU" in 60-3.

Bottom line, the IC or their designee determines the appropriate uniform for the activity. If they feel that a "GT" can safely accomplish their task in the polo, mess dress, or whatever else, then that's their call.

To the OP, I had a zoombag when I was a cadet (think I got it as a C/SrA) but I was only authorized to wear it on flying activities (O-flights, C-9 ridealongs (before consolidated Mx), etc) until I got a rating or began flight training.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Eclipse

The task guides call out the training and equipment requirements for all the specialties.  You cannot get approved on any qualification
without them, nor without having all the required equipment.

In this case a BDU uniform is required equipment.  That isn't even remotely grey. 

2. The gear list below is the minimum required equipment.  Items required of trainees are marked with a "T." 
You may carry additional equipment subject to team leader approval and your ability to secure and carry it --
remember, you may have to walk a long way carrying it all.   
a.  24 hour pack
  1)  On your person:
      a)  Complete BDU uniform with BDU cap.  The BDU cap may be replaced by a hard hat
or bright colored cap based on mission needs.(T)

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

The task guides and supporting documents also call our for boonie hats....specifily forbidden by regs...and gortex....back when they were not allowed.....so NO the task guides don't help or hurt anyone's cases for "you aren't covered because you were out of uniform".

Next argument.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

Neither of those things is spelled out as required.

Next try.

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

Quote from: Eclipse on August 10, 2012, 08:58:51 PM

Next try.
So the fat and fuzzies can't get GT qualified?  >:( ;D ;) >:D
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: lordmonar on August 11, 2012, 02:04:03 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on August 10, 2012, 08:58:51 PM

Next try.
So the fat and fuzzies can't get GT qualified?  >:( ;D ;) >:D

No, they wear the BDU under the blue field uniform.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

I presume that was meant in jest, but come on out here to CAWG and do that. I'll hold a pool on how long it takes you  to enter a "distressed" condition. You get 75% of the proceeds. Right now is a good time to "come on down".
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

davidsinn

Quote from: SarDragon on August 11, 2012, 02:26:08 AM
I presume that was meant in jest, but come on out here to CAWG and do that. I'll hold a pool on how long it takes you  to enter a "distressed" condition. You get 75% of the proceeds. Right now is a good time to "come on down".

You realize that the midwest just came out of a heatwave that had airtemps above 104° right? With humidity that gave indices above 110°? Speaking as a guy that works outside everyday...You got nothin.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn