WMIRS Read Only Access

Started by kd8gua, July 05, 2012, 05:51:20 AM

kd8gua

I've already got my chain of command looking into this, however I may as well ask here too.

I've been asked a few times to enter myself into missions on WMIRS, and I don't have the ability to. It appears that I have read-only access to WMIRS. Who in my chain has the authority to change my access to WMIRS?

Does anyone else have read-only access to WMIRS here?

Thanks!
Capt Brad Thomas
Communications Officer
Columbus Composite Squadron

Assistant Cadet Programs Activities Officer
Ohio Wing HQ

spacecommand

What's your emergency services qualification?

I remember when I was a scanner (trainee) I didn't have access to upload photos into the system, it wasn't until I became a "ACTIVE" (eg fully certified scanner) that I had access to input and upload photos etc.  It was something I thought to be interesting, since during my trainee time, that's the time I figured you'd want to learn how to upload photos into the system!

Phil Hirons, Jr.

WMIRS has its own security structure. Sounds like you were added as a user but with no additional permissions.

Camas

Quote from: phirons on July 05, 2012, 10:16:19 AM
WMIRS has its own security structure. Sounds like you were added as a user but with no additional permissions.
Very likely. In some cases permissions are automatically assigned based on duty assignments and/or ES or pilot qualifications. Your wing director of operations can assigns WMIRS permissions at will based on his or her duty assignment. It's quite possible that your unit operations officer can do likewise though I don't know that for a fact. A web security administrator (normally your commander) does not have the ability to assign permissions in WMIRS as far as I know.

kd8gua

Well, effective this morning, my WMIRS permissions are now full read and write. This issue came up this past weekend when I tried to sign my vehicle into a training mission. Prior to this mission I had zero qualifications. The IC asked me why I had problems with WMIRS, so I showed him, and he said he would look into it. He is also my Group/CC. I was signed off completely on the MSA task and it was approved last evening (shortly after my thread here) and now this morning I have full WMIRS access.

Stranger things right?
Capt Brad Thomas
Communications Officer
Columbus Composite Squadron

Assistant Cadet Programs Activities Officer
Ohio Wing HQ

JeffDG

MSA is one of the quals that gives you access in WMIRS.