Cleaning Out the Closet Before a Move I Found This

Started by Майор Хаткевич, June 18, 2012, 01:19:17 AM

Майор Хаткевич

It's been at least FOUR years since I've seen the 2004 shirt. Figured this may be the last time I see them all side by side, at least for a few more years. :P

That said, as the shirts range from 2004 to 2008, some are so worn/faded they may not last longer. However it was really cool to get a shirt from each year, so I was thinking of cutting out the logos from each, and just keeping the squares. Thoughts?

Extremepredjudice

Sir, you could frame them and put 'em on your wall...
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on June 18, 2012, 01:22:43 AM
Sir, you could frame them and put 'em on your wall...

Not an option. I'm already having a struggle getting the SO to approve my certs, not to mention five shirts.

Extremepredjudice

You could make a quilt.

Edit: or a scrapbook

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

MSG Mac

You can tell the SO that you're saving them for cleaning rags. Or even better put them in a box and keep the box in the trunk.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

68w20

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on June 18, 2012, 01:32:24 AM
You could make a quilt.

Edit: or a scrapbook

This past year my mommy made me a pretty awesome blanket which included swatches of old CAP/Boy Scout/other youth organization shirts.  It has two sides, one is solid fleece and the other has a fleece border with the shirts filling the center.  I thought it was a pretty creative way to use shirts that I had worn out/wasn't wearing anymore.   

Extremepredjudice

Anyway you could post a picture? I am intrigued.

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

Eclipse

At the end of the day they are just shirts, wear them, donate them, or use as rags, but don't venerate them.

Take an early lesson from someone who used to have a hard time getting rid of stuff, it's just "stuff".  Cherish the memories and be selective about the keepsakes.

In this case, take a pic, and move on.

"That Others May Zoom"