Review board

Started by Extremepredjudice, June 12, 2012, 03:59:56 AM

Extremepredjudice

Can I request SM X not be on my review board? I believe he has a bias towards me (judging by his well documented actions)
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

jimmydeanno

Sure, you can request it.  Whether or not the request will be acknowledged is another question.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

lordmonar

:) :) :) :) :)
Do you really want to dig that hole for yourself?
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Extremepredjudice

Yes. I believe his bias (and attitude) is that bad. I would rather look like some whatever than have to deal with him or his kids.

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

lordmonar

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on June 12, 2012, 05:56:40 AM
Yes. I believe his bias (and attitude) is that bad. I would rather look like some whatever than have to deal with him or his kids.
Okay..

Then you need to report the specific incidents to your commander and follow it up your chain of command.

a) Be prepared for the fall out.
b) Be sure you are 100% all the time in all things.
c) Be ready to find out that no one thinks you have a leg to stand on.....and learn to deal with it.

Good luck.

Extremepredjudice

Sir, I have documented everything. If my state would allow it I would have recorded it all (All parties have to consent, defeats the purpose if they know about it).

The only reason I haven't done anything is; I'm afraid of it damaging my CAP career. Have to draw the line somewhere, eh? I can always find something else to do.

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

lordmonar

Well....sounds good...now is the time to put up and shut up.

Like I said....keep it in house...report it and live with the fall out.....or don't report it and live with the fall out.

Woodsy

EP...  My young Padawan...  I fear you are too intelligent for your own good...

You and I need to hang out more often...  I was once an intelligent youth myself...  Until I found out the hard way I didn't know crap!!! 

Remember, to be a leader, you must first be a follower... (no matter how less intelligent your leaders are, or, that you think they are...)

If you continue to stay your current course...  Then all I can say is "may the force be with you..."

Ya'll still meet Monday nights, same time, same place?   If so, I'll be happy to drive up there next week and see why your squadron, that has not only won Wing, but also Region awards, is so bad...

Extremepredjudice

Those awards are based on numbers. We could be neo-nazis and eat puppies every monday night and still win it.

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

BillB

Puppies taste like chicken anyway.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on June 12, 2012, 06:06:30 AM
Sir, I have documented everything. If my state would allow it I would have recorded it all (All parties have to consent, defeats the purpose if they know about it).

Ah yes, THAT situation.

BTDT, paid more than $1500 in HOA fees. A year later I was right after all, and the building had to raise a $1 million special assessment. Turns out I ended up paying twice for being right.

Sometimes you need to go through the process. Maybe nothing will happen, maybe it will. But chances are, even if it does go bad, you won't get to the truth. In a year? Maybe. But not now, and not only on the information you can provide.

(For those interested the Board President was told not to run for re-election this August. Too late, too little for me though, as I'm moving by July. :) )

EMT-83

EP - you seem to have more drama in your CAP life than all the cadets I know, combined.

Woodsy

Quote from: BillB on June 12, 2012, 11:48:33 AM

With a $3.99 bottle of orange sauce from panda express, they're quite tasty. 

Cliff_Chambliss

Quote from: Woodsy on June 12, 2012, 03:07:39 PM
Quote from: BillB on June 12, 2012, 11:48:33 AM

With a $3.99 bottle of orange sauce from panda express, they're quite tasty.

But dragons prefer people.  Soft on the outside, crunchy on the inside, and great with a good salsa and a beer.
11th Armored Cavalry Regiment
2d Armored Cavalry Regiment
3d Infantry Division
504th BattleField Surveillance Brigade

ARMY:  Because even the Marines need heros.    
CAVALRY:  If it were easy it would be called infantry.

JeffDG

Quote from: Cliff_Chambliss on June 12, 2012, 03:37:18 PM
But dragons prefer people.  Soft on the outside, crunchy on the inside, and great with a good salsa and a beer.
I thought people went best with a bottle Chianti and some fava beans...

spacecommand

When I conduct review boards, I generally have the cadet commander with me, and another senior member, if not, another higher grade cadet on the cadet staff.  Ultimately it is the Squadron commander that makes the decision to retain someone in grade.     If promotions are denied, reasons must documented why via the cadet CAPF50.

Quote from: EMT-83 on June 12, 2012, 01:45:46 PM
EP - you seem to have more drama in your CAP life than all the cadets I know, combined.

I noticed the same thing...

cadetesman

If there is one piece of advice I can give, this is it...

Wait!

I had a problem in my squadron, and it eventually got cleared up.

Our commander had a weird requirement for promotion, but it was with good intentions. Anyways, she found out that she couldn't require it, and got rid of it. All is fine now. She was just misinformed, and it was not malevolent, just like I doubt it's malevolent in your case.

Now, I could have called IG, and group commander and what not, but I didn't, and everything was sorted out just fine. I mean, if I were to do the other stuff, I'd be in a deep, deep, deep hole. But I was patient.

If you get nothing out of this, just keep in mind that patience will help the situation 90% of the time.

Eclipse

Following the complaint process should never make anyone feel further threatened, but identifies further problems when people can't just move on.

Some complaints are sustained, some aren't, some never go past being filed.  Everyone is supposed to move on.

I'm not saying every time the coffee pot is left empty should involve the IG, but members should not feel intimidate to use the process.  Sometimes the mere precense of the third party spurs action.

"That Others May Zoom"

Ron1319

I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter what state you're in, you can write down things that happened.  What do you mean your state doesn't allow it?
Ronald Thompson, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander, Squadron 85, Placerville, CA
PCR-CA-273
Spaatz #1319