Where is the AEX button?

Started by Nathan, April 25, 2012, 09:23:04 PM

Nathan

So my eServices account finally got activated a couple of days ago, and I'm going to town on figuring out a cool AE program. I want to do the AEX, but when I look at where to find the materials, I see the following instructions:

QuoteOnce you are in eServices, click "AEX" in the right column heading entitled "My Favorites."  Then, click "Apply for AEX," which is located in the left column.

I don't see anything like this on my page. In the right column, I see a "Favorites" bar under my resticted tab, but it's empty. On the left side, I see nothing about the AEX materials.

This could be because I haven't been formally assigned as AEO for my unit, but I didn't see any such criteria that needed to be met. I'm betting it might have something more to do with eServices being reformatted and the instructions just not being updated yet, but I don't know. Anyone got any ideas?
Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.

ßτε

You need to be assigned as AEO in eServices to have access.

Nathan

Nathan Scalia

jimmydeanno

You know, because we wouldn't want anyone who wasn't an AEO being able to look at aerospace related stuff.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Nathan

Quote from: jimmydeanno on April 26, 2012, 02:18:24 AM
You know, because we wouldn't want anyone who wasn't an AEO being able to look at aerospace related stuff.

Yeah, now that I have the permission, I can see why this is all super-secret and classified and stuff.
Nathan Scalia

spacecommand

In regards to the AEX restricted module, it has an application for the AEX program and then the AEX Award activity report input.  The AEO or designee should be the one's inputting information into this module, therefore it is restricted.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: spacecommand on April 26, 2012, 08:54:02 PM
In regards to the AEX restricted module, it has an application for the AEX program and then the AEX Award activity report input.  The AEO or designee should be the one's inputting information into this module, therefore it is restricted.

So...make THAT the restricted part, and allow the materials to be open...

spacecommand

Quote from: usafaux2004 on April 27, 2012, 03:19:45 AM
Quote from: spacecommand on April 26, 2012, 08:54:02 PM

So...make THAT the restricted part, and allow the materials to be open...

Well that would be all fine and dandy if there were AEX materials to be open to see and download in the first place , but there aren't any.  In regards to AEX, the AEO orders the materials through the AEX panel and the materials are sent to the Unit/AEO in hardcopy book format.

Now it would be nice to have the AEX book material for PDF download, but they are not yet.

For other AE related downloads (the journey of flight, aerospace dimension modules), they are unrestricted downloads, on the left panel of eservices click on "About AE Downloads and Resources".

Nathan

So question from a n00b AE officer.

When I order supplies using eServices, such as the AEX books, who takes that cost? I don't want to hit "submit" without knowing that. Does that cost go to me as the member? To my unit? Wing? Does NHQ take care of it?
Nathan Scalia

ßτε

National covers the shipping cost for items ordered.

Nathan

Quote from: ß τ ε on May 01, 2012, 08:41:08 PM
National covers the shipping cost for items ordered.

So when I click submit, I don't have to worry about any costs associated with that order? I'm not seeing any monetary consequence for hitting the order button, which seems weird to me for anything having to do with CAP.
Nathan Scalia

MajorM

Nope... NHQ pays the shipping.  AE supplies and PA supplies... all are shipped gratis.  Even rush orders are gratis.

Which has always made me wonder why you wouldn't check "rush order"...

Nathan

Quote from: MajorM on May 01, 2012, 10:22:47 PM
Which has always made me wonder why you wouldn't check "rush order"...

Eh, I'm not going to hit NHQ with shipping charges they don't need. They might add it on in my renewal fees.  ;)
Nathan Scalia

MajorM

They don't ship it any higher priority... I think it just means it gets out the door faster.  I've had to use it before and it still came media mail.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: MajorM on May 02, 2012, 02:41:05 AM
They don't ship it any higher priority... I think it just means it gets out the door faster.  I've had to use it before and it still came media mail.

Hah...Depending on the weight, Media costs more than Priority...