Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 30, 2017, 06:27:42 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  Cadet Programs  |  Cadet Programs Management & Activities  |  Topic: Coming: The New & Improved CadetStuff.org
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print
Author Topic: Coming: The New & Improved CadetStuff.org  (Read 10246 times)
Extremepredjudice
Banned

Unit: Freebooter

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2013, 07:11:38 PM »

11 years? I knew about the site, but not about 11 years of inactivity! It's about time the site got an update!

Volunteering for the job? :)
I would.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"
Cap'n
Forum Regular

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2013, 11:28:07 PM »

On the topic of CadetStuff... Did anyone happen to save a copy of their study guides for milestone exams? I can't find them on the new site, and remembered them being incredibly helpful on my WB.

Testing for my Mitchell when I get back in-state, and need all the help I can get.
coudano
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2013, 11:51:20 PM »

http://archive.cadetstuff.org

Although I'm not at all sure if the guides cover the current textbook set.
Knight1427
Recruit

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2013, 02:32:55 PM »

11 years? I knew about the site, but not about 11 years of inactivity! It's about time the site got an update!

Volunteering for the job? :)

Ha ha, I don't know how to script but if I did maybe.  :)
NIN
VIP

Unit: of issue

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2013, 05:39:19 PM »

Believe it or not, there is little/no scripting involved.

The absolute hardest part of doing CadetStuff over the last 12 years has been, hands down, CONTENT.   It doesn't grow on trees and you have to literally go out and beat it out of people. :)

Seriously.

We don't have a staff of writers sitting around in a bullpen bouncing ideas off one another with frisbees and kooshballs for idle distraction.
Darin Ninness, Lt Col, CAP
Sq Bubba, Wing Dude, National Guy
The contents of this post are Copyright 2017 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.
Spaceman3750

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2013, 05:41:33 PM »

Believe it or not, there is little/no scripting involved.

The absolute hardest part of doing CadetStuff over the last 12 years has been, hands down, CONTENT.   It doesn't grow on trees and you have to literally go out and beat it out of people. :)

Seriously.

We don't have a staff of writers sitting around in a bullpen bouncing ideas off one another with frisbees and kooshballs for idle distraction.

One of these days I'll write something about ES for you guys.
"I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody." - Lily Tomlin
"I'm sorry sir, which tab were we on?"

The moment any commander or staff member considers themselves a gatekeeper, instead of a facilitator, they have failed at their job.
I can't fix all of CAP's problems, but I can lead from the bottom by building my squadron as a center of excellence to serve as an example of what every unit can be.
NIN
VIP

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2013, 05:57:07 PM »

If I had a buck for every time someone told me that....  :)
The contents of this post are Copyright 2017 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.
Spaceman3750

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2013, 06:01:20 PM »

You'd have at least $1. >:D
"I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody." - Lily Tomlin

The moment any commander or staff member considers themselves a gatekeeper, instead of a facilitator, they have failed at their job.
I can't fix all of CAP's problems, but I can lead from the bottom by building my squadron as a center of excellence to serve as an example of what every unit can be.
NIN
VIP

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2013, 09:55:06 PM »

I think I'd have $75 or $100 by now. Seriously.
Spaceman3750

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2013, 01:21:05 AM »

I think I'd have $75 or $100 by now. Seriously.

Article on qualification steps (lots of people seem to have trouble with this) written, sitting in GDocs. Will proof Thursday and send in.

Will this reset the counter? >:D

NIN
VIP

« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2013, 06:29:00 AM »

Article on qualification steps (lots of people seem to have trouble with this) written, sitting in GDocs. Will proof Thursday and send in.

Will this reset the counter? >:D

Keep in mind, CadetStuff is more angled toward cadet-specific topics and not necessarily CAP-specific topics (although there is a lot of CAP tone or slant to the articles) like ES.  I mean, beggars can't be choosers really, but we really should have gotten SARStuff off the ground.  :P

http://www.cadetstuff.org/contribute/

Perez

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2013, 01:47:17 PM »

I tried to send an article submission just after I graduated PJOC, but for some reason it never went through the system or something to that effect. I just got back from APJOC, maybe I'll write a piece about it.
Train hard, train smart, and love life.
NIN
VIP

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2013, 03:03:25 PM »

I tried to send an article submission just after I graduated PJOC, but for some reason it never went through the system or something to that effect. I just got back from APJOC, maybe I'll write a piece about it.

email to submissions@cadetstuff.org or editor@cadetstuff.org

I'm sure we'd still take it.
nomiddlemas

Unit: NC-019

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2014, 04:58:37 PM »

Awesome thanks.  I have been in CAP for about a year.  Cant wait to join up.  Ill spread the word. 
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print 
CAP Talk  |  Cadet Programs  |  Cadet Programs Management & Activities  |  Topic: Coming: The New & Improved CadetStuff.org