Earliest encampments

Started by cadetesman, March 27, 2012, 11:13:02 PM

Nathan

Quote from: Pylon on March 28, 2012, 07:39:17 PM
Quote from: Nathan on March 28, 2012, 06:56:19 PM
It seems a little weird to require an encampment for C/MSgt, since it's already required for the Mitchell. It's kind of like requiring someone to pass the Wright Brothers test to get the Curry.

Read again, it's even worse.  They require encampment staff experience for C/MSgt, whereas per National even the Mitchell only requires encampment attendance.

No, I saw that. I just think the whole thing is weird. I can at least see the argument if the requirement is for a particular staff job, because there is a lot of leeway for a commander in terms of assigning staff. But for promotions, especially a non-milestone?

OP, you, of course, are going to be dealing with the fallout of whatever you choose to do, so if you're going to make an issue of this, make sure that you do so delicately. If nothing else, the commander is just trying to hold the unit to a higher standard and isn't trying to be malicious, so don't approach this as a confrontation, because otherwise it will become one. You both are on the same side, and if you approach the problem that way, then this problem becomes solvable without any problems down the road.
Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.

jimmydeanno

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

PHall

California Wing is June 23-30 at Camp San Luis Obispo, California. Cost as of now $215.

crisptheyounger

Nevada Wing's Encampment (scroll down for the link to the flyer) is 24 June to 1 July in Reno. $210 from now till the 31st of May.
Cadet: 2006-2013, Spaatz #1873

Extremepredjudice

Wow those encampments are expensive, I paid 90$ for FLWG's. (normal was like 145?)
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

PHall

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on March 29, 2012, 01:30:23 AM
Wow those encampments are expensive, I paid 90$ for FLWG's. (normal was like 145?)

We don't get anything for free from the Guard. Their budget has been cut big time, they have to make it up somewhere...

Eclipse

$200(ish) for a 4-7 nights of hots and cots, plus other activities is a steal no matter how you slice it or
what organization you're part of.

"That Others May Zoom"