Encampment Staff Selection Help

Started by SGT Dusty, January 29, 2007, 10:23:55 AM

SGT Dusty

I am to be the Commandant of Cadets at the 2007 ORWG Encampment, and one of my duties will be conducting portions of the Staff Selection.  This is my first time, and I would like some help with ideas of activities that should be conducted at a staff selection.  Any ideas or experiences would help, thanks alot.

SAR-EMT1

Recommend you talk with a member on this board named ECLIPSE
he is an ILWG Captain and has commanded our cadet encampment for several years now.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

Pylon

Quote from: SSgt Dusty on January 29, 2007, 10:23:55 AM
I am to be the Commandant of Cadets at the 2007 ORWG Encampment, and one of my duties will be conducting portions of the Staff Selection.  This is my first time, and I would like some help with ideas of activities that should be conducted at a staff selection.  Any ideas or experiences would help, thanks alot.

The staff for the NYWG encampment have been running a top-notch encampment and staff workshop for years.  I've been to four of their staff workshops, both as a cadet and a senior member and have found it packed sunrise-to-sunset with worthwhile sessions and great team-building exercises.

Contact information for the fine staff of last year's NYWG encampment can be found here.  Good luck with that.  I've heard it can be both challenging and very rewarding!
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Eclipse

You can see some of the initial selection criteria we use for Spring here:
http://group22.net/encampment/cadetstaff_open.html

(this is the 06 page, but you get the idea)

However that's a perfect world.  Frankly, with retention and cadet attitudes they way they are these days, you'll be lucky if its a choice at all.

Its getting harder and harder to find mature cadets (both in grade and attitude) who are interested in serving in these positions.

"That Others May Zoom"