Main Menu

campain hat

Started by Cdt Buckmaster, January 18, 2012, 03:02:31 AM

lordmonar

Didn't we already do this thread?  I remember a photo of some encampment where the "command chief" was was sporting a smokey bear.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Spaceman3750

Quote from: bosshawk on January 18, 2012, 03:45:15 PM
Hmmmmmm---campaign hat with blue polo and gray slacks?????

It has to be a gray campaign hat >:D.

bosshawk

Actually I was thinking more of red, pink or chartreuss.

The ideal CAP uniform: dress blues, tennis shoes and a light coat of oil.  Maybe with a pink campaign hat.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

Flying Pig

Persona non grata

When I read this I was like @#$$%#@@)(&!####)$#%!!!SERIOUSLY!

Im thinking troll......If not arrange a base tour at Lackland or Maxwell and wear it. Let me know how it works out for you.  TTYL I have to go fly now(I am wearing my
50 mission crush cap). >:D
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

wuzafuzz

Indiana Jones style hat.  Gray.  That's what I'm talking about!
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

rustyjeeper

how about a gray campaign hat with the soon to come ABU's  >:D???

a2capt

abdsp51

Ummm campaign hat really?  Theres a psyche factor that goes with that outside of distinguishing the MTI/DIs and the LE agencies that wear them, what would it achieve?  And don't get me started on berets at all, I recall when the Army went to em.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Decades ago when I was a Boy Scout, there was a dark-green one available, but it was for Scoutmasters only, I think.

Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Grumpy

Quote from: capmaj on January 18, 2012, 02:27:48 PM
And what is it that we are teaching those very same cadets when we tell them they can wear something that is clearly not allowed by regs? Whether it's a cap of some kind, a civilian coat with their BDU's (I know it gets cold in some places, but shouldn't we be stressing the 'uniformity' of uniforms) or any other item or practice for that matter?

And we seem to compound the problem by often allowing Senior member uniforms to be 'worn as desired', while at the same time telling our cadets that their uniforms must match inspections requirements, etc. If you doubt this, go ask five cadets their honest opinion of SM uniform wear.

To essentially tell cadets some form of 'Well, that's OK, we allow it in this Squadron, or Group, or Wing or activity' seems to fly in the face of the practices of good Followership and Leadership.

I think one problem here is, that is exactly what we are working with here.  Cadets, kids, 12 year olds, that we are responsible for.  If I have some little 12 year old freezing his/her tush in inclimate weather, I'm going to get them into a jacket or coat wheter or not it's military or civilian.  If they were adults in the military getting paid to put up with cold weather and rain, snow, what ever, then that would be different.  A lot of these kids are just cub scouts or girl scouts dressed in a CAP ubiform.  We should be looking out for the youngsters.

ol'fido

This is the only person outside of a MTI(any branch) or a State Trooper I have ever seen that can wear a "smokie" and make it look cool.

http://www.museumofcinema.com/2011/04/22/behind-the-scenes-on-the-professionals-1966/
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

The CyBorg is destroyed

Exiled from GLR-MI-011

abdsp51

Slim

Quote from: CyBorg on January 19, 2012, 02:26:35 AM
What about...

In the Canadian version of the proper Queen's English, that would be "What aboot...."

Slim

The CyBorg is destroyed

It's actually the late, hilarious Leslie Nielsen, playing a Royal Canadian Mounted Police sergeant in an episode of Due South.

His father was actually a Mountie, and his brother, Erik, was Deputy Prime Minister of Canada in one of the Mulroney governments.

Leslie himself was a WWII Royal Canadian Air Force veteran.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

stillamarine

Lee Marvin has every right to wear a campaign cover. When he served in the Marine Corps the campaign cover was an approved cover for Marines, not just DIs.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

Private Investigator

Quote from: Flying Pig on January 18, 2012, 02:28:41 PM
I have the option of wearing one at work (law enforcement)  I tried it for a couple days because it actually looked pretty cool.  Now I HATE IT.  In fact, in an 1,100 man agency, nobody wears them except for the honor guard.

I wrote the request for the Uniform Committee at my department to adopt the campaign hat. I actually like wearing hats and I am not bald yet   :clap:

Private Investigator

Quote from: stillamarine on January 19, 2012, 08:20:38 AM
Lee Marvin has every right to wear a campaign cover. When he served in the Marine Corps the campaign cover was an approved cover for Marines, not just DIs.

USMC Range Staff wears campaign hats too. Have you ever seen a smokey on a commissioned or warrant officer? 

Major Lord

Quote from: Flying Pig on January 18, 2012, 02:28:41 PM
I have the option of wearing one at work (law enforcement)  I tried it for a couple days because it actually looked pretty cool.  Now I HATE IT.  In fact, in an 1,100 man agency, nobody wears them except for the honor guard.

The CHP seems to like them, but I think they stand around in the sun a lot. I am still waiting  to here one say;" Y'all in a heap a' trouble boy!" .  I heard they played the "skin cancer safety card" to get their hats, but it could be an urban myth. Boy Scouts at one point had red berets, and campaign hats. Somewhere between Baden Powell and the fall of the Berlin wall......

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."