Thunderbird Composite Squadron, TX-179

Started by Larry Mangum, January 05, 2012, 06:28:36 PM

Larry Mangum

Is anyone on CapTalk familiar with this squadron?
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

NIN

Quote from: Larry Mangum on January 05, 2012, 06:28:36 PM

I'm not, but in three messages, someone who is will tell you why they can't wear the uniform correctly.

8)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Chaplaindon

I'm "familiar" with TX-179, what can I help you with?
Rev. Don Brown, Ch., Lt Col, CAP (Ret.)
Former Deputy Director for CISM at CAP/HQ
Gill Robb Wilson Award # 1660
ACS-Chaplain, VFC, IPFC, DSO, NSO, USCG Auxiliary
AUXOP

RogueLeader

Quote from: NIN on January 05, 2012, 06:35:53 PM
Quote from: Larry Mangum on January 05, 2012, 06:28:36 PM

I'm not, but in three messages, someone who is will tell you why they can't wear the uniform correctly.

8)

I heard that they can't wear any uniform worth anything.

Just kidding. Had to make your prediction come true.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Noble Six

United States Marine Corps Retired
Earhart#13897

CAP_Marine

I am the ES Officer for TX-179. How can I be of assistance? Feel free to shoot me a PM if needed.

Flying Pig

CAP_Marine

LMAO! That is hilarious.

My golf shirt looks just fine thank you! Now, if I could only get my AD ribbons authorized to be embrodiered on it by the big V and wear ABU bottoms with it, everything would be perfect. For now...

NIN

My apologies for the "Self-fulfilling prophecy threadjack" there. :)

You guys continue on with your discussion about TX-179. We'll leave the "every thread of CAP-Talk turns into a uniform thread" joke alone.

(thats a hint guys, leave it)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

rustyjeeper

So what aside from " EVERYTHING isBIGGERin Texas"  is special about  TX-179?and the uniform jokes are Zipped :-X

rustyjeeper

Quote from: rustyjeeper on January 06, 2012, 01:31:58 AM
So what aside from " EVERYTHING isBIGGERin Texas"  is special about  TX-179?and the uniform jokes are Zipped :-X
for now ;D

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Flying Pig

Quote from: rustyjeeper on January 06, 2012, 01:31:58 AM

Speaking of zippers......

rustyjeeper

Quote from: SarDragon on January 06, 2012, 04:03:04 AM
Maybe it's something to do with this thread.

Thank you for the direction. I saw the news article on that event but failed to pick up on the unit. I am glad that no one was hurt and it was a great landing since all walked away! Kudo's to the pilot. All equipment is expendable, lives are not!  :clap:

Larry Mangum

My interest had nothing to do with the emergency landing, but simply wanting to know about a unit, I had a cadet transferring to.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

ProdigalJim

Quote from: Larry Mangum on January 06, 2012, 07:51:42 PM
My interest had nothing to do with the emergency landing, but simply wanting to know about a unit, I had a cadet transferring to.

Good. Now that that's settled, we can get back to turning every thread into a uniform thread...
Jim Mathews, Lt. Col., CAP
VAWG/CV
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...

rustyjeeper

phew.......... I was about to unzip but someone beat me to it! That was a test of willpower NOT to mention uniforms again >:D

Dad2-4

Quote from: Larry Mangum on January 06, 2012, 07:51:42 PM
I've been away from the Houston area for a bit, but T-Bird was, and likely still is, a good squadron for cadets. Pretty high speed, squared away. Group IV is a pretty good group as well. With several units in the Greater Houston area, there's usually lots of things going on to get involved in.