Main Menu

uniform riddle

Started by usafcap1, January 01, 2012, 01:56:19 AM

usafcap1

A Fruit Salad is what part of the uniform? ;D
|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

usafcap1

so if i said nice fruit salad wat am i talking about.

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

bosshawk

That question should start an interesting chain.

Young man(or woman), fruit salad refers to the multitude of ribbons that some people wear.

I suspect that some young people have never even seen a real fruit salad.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

usafcap1

lolol. . . you guys are smart 8) ;D

(Cadet 2008-2012)

usafcap1

Quote from: bosshawk on January 01, 2012, 01:59:25 AM

Young man(or woman), fruit salad refers to the multitude of ribbons that some people wear.

btw im a guy

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Eclipse

I call them jelly beans...

"That Others May Zoom"

The CyBorg is destroyed

Chest candy, though that one can be misinterpreted.

Ribbons just for showing up: fog-a-mirror ribbons.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

GroundHawg

Snoopy Stickers
Rack
Bling
Resume'
Fruit Salad
Chest Candy
Cheese

The CyBorg is destroyed

Exiled from GLR-MI-011

AngelWings

Left Breast Armor
SWAG
Life Story
Chest starers (Why you staring at my chest!?! Just looking at the ribbons)

There is one or two inappropiate names for ribbons me and my friends in CAP and JROTC came up with that shall remain secret  >:D

Flying Pig

Quote from: bosshawk on January 01, 2012, 01:59:25 AM

I suspect that some young people have never even seen a real fruit salad.

Now theres a fruit salad

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_Millett

Eclipse

^ Meh. In Soviet Union, ribbons wear YOU!

"That Others May Zoom"

Persona non grata

om gosh...............an idea for a new corporate uniform above.
:clap:
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

Major Lord

That guy on the right...is he a Colonel-General? And I thought the Naval ranks were confusing!

Major Lord

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: eaker.cadet on January 01, 2012, 07:04:58 PM
om gosh...............an idea for a new corporate uniform above.
:clap:

No, it'd have to be grey.

Exiled from GLR-MI-011

titanII

The guy in the middle... omg! Even half of his ribbons would be a lot!
No longer active on CAP talk

Al Sayre

He's probably a WWII vet who remained after the war, he looks to be in his 80's.  While our schools don't teach much about it, the Russians saw a great majority of the WWII action (and they seem to be pretty free with the chest candy).
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

The CyBorg is destroyed

I think the one in the middle is also wearing Soviet Air Force "Sniper" pilot's wings.  Those were not just handed-out like so much of their other blingage (such as writing a positive essay on Marx).  I would guess that pilot downed more than a few Messerschmitts and Focke-Wulfs on the Eastern Front.

Really, the Soviet forces that were our allies-of-convenience in WWII were tough cookies.  The entire population was mobilised.  Tanks were driven off the assembly line unpainted and straight into battle.  Stalingrad was Hitler's second kick-in-the-teeth (the first being the Battle Of Britain) that ultimately brought him down.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

titanII

I agree, the Soviet war effort is ignored all too often here in the US. Not too many people realize how many people were sacrificed, and how much the industry was mobilized.
No longer active on CAP talk

Major Lord

Quote from: CyBorg on January 01, 2012, 08:31:41 PM
I think the one in the middle is also wearing Soviet Air Force "Sniper" pilot's wings.  Those were not just handed-out like so much of their other blingage (such as writing a positive essay on Marx).  I would guess that pilot downed more than a few Messerschmitts and Focke-Wulfs on the Eastern Front.

Really, the Soviet forces that were our allies-of-convenience in WWII were tough cookies.  The entire population was mobilised.  Tanks were driven off the assembly line unpainted and straight into battle.  Stalingrad was Hitler's second kick-in-the-teeth (the first being the Battle Of Britain) that ultimately brought him down.

The guy in the middle also has two awards of the "Hero of the Soviet Union" medal, so he is either a big dog politically or a kick-butt, killer,  kind of guy. Again, not the kind of thing Ivan hands out like candy....

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."