This just in from our Great Lakes Office...

Started by DakRadz, December 19, 2011, 10:52:57 PM

DakRadz

I took (and passed) my National Registry exam today for EMT-B today! I've seen quite a few EMS folks on the board, thought I'd share. ;D

I was actually surprised at the quickness of the results- finished the test at 0900, and realized the results were in about 1550. Funny thing is, I was with a buddy who is also a C/2d Lt, and he's the one who refreshed the screen and saw that I passed.

HGjunkie

3 more years until I can get mine...

Good job!

Medic, shoot that funky aesthetic!
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

ProdigalJim

Congrats!

I took the Paramedic NREMT in 2001, and it...was...hard. In fact, I flunked it the first time here at George Washington University (the exam, not the class. I had a 97 in the class and the practicals), and wound up driving through the snow to Manchester, New Hampshire to take the next available offering. Second time was the charm.

Welcome to the Club!  :clap: :clap:  :clap:
Jim Mathews, Lt. Col., CAP
VAWG/CV
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...

EMT-83

Nicely done – now get out there and use it!

SARDOC

Quote from: DakRadz on December 19, 2011, 10:52:57 PM
I took (and passed) my National Registry exam today for EMT-B today!

Nice Job...Welcome to the dark side of medicine.

Major Lord

Welcome aboard! Please try not to kill anyone, but if you do, try not to take it too hard.

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

arajca

Keep in mind...

Paramedics save lives. EMTs save paramedics.

JayT

Good for you!

Now go and get your Paramedic so you can treat people!

Kidding.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

EMT-83

Quote from: Major Lord on December 20, 2011, 12:05:37 AM
Please try not to kill anyone, but if you do, try not to take it too hard.

Words to live by.

whatevah

Nice, but I've got you beat, my results were posted in under 2 hours. ;)

And now the hard part... Riding the bus and learning how to handle real patients. If you want to make a career from EMS definitely advance up to Intermediate or Paramedic levels (after you get experience), better job options and pay.

Like the others said, don't take it too hard. Patients will die, in spite of your best efforts and fancy drugs. You just need to learn to handle your emotions and know that they were given the best chance they could get. Everybody is different on how they handle it, but don't let it keep you awake and affect you.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

fyrfitrmedic

Quote from: whatevah on December 20, 2011, 10:24:01 AM
Nice, but I've got you beat, my results were posted in under 2 hours. ;)

And now the hard part... Riding the bus and learning how to handle real patients. If you want to make a career from EMS definitely advance up to Intermediate or Paramedic levels (after you get experience), better job options and pay.

Like the others said, don't take it too hard. Patients will die, in spite of your best efforts and fancy drugs. You just need to learn to handle your emotions and know that they were given the best chance they could get. Everybody is different on how they handle it, but don't let it keep you awake and affect you.

+1000

Couldn't agree more.
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

CAP_Marine

Congratulations. Now it is time for you to learn the secret EMS commandment: Thou shalt not let thy certification lapse. Get out there, use those skills and keep up on your continuing ed.

medicmike

Congrats!  It's a great field to go into.  Get out there and put your skills to use!

Be glad they post results so quick now.  I had to wait 2-3 weeks in 96 when I took my Basic and the same amount of time in 99 when I got my Medic.  Welcome to the club.
Michael Bridge          USAF Retired
2d Lt CAP
Health Services Officer
GLR-OH-003