Vanguards latest ugly thingy

Started by RogueLeader, October 29, 2011, 09:02:56 PM

titanII

Quote from: davidsinn on November 01, 2011, 11:59:29 PM
You realize that's the roundel on all our aircraft right?
Yessir, and  I think CAP and the Air Force should use their roundels more often as a logo.  :D I've always liked roundels.
No longer active on CAP talk

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Buzz

Quote from: titanII on November 01, 2011, 11:06:46 PM
Quote from: CyBorg on November 01, 2011, 07:04:09 AM

I really like this one. I think it shows off our AF relationship, as well as our distinctiveness, very nicely.

Appearance-wise, I think it would look better with the WWII-style white bar emblem.

titanII

Quote from: Buzz on November 04, 2011, 10:05:55 PM
Appearance-wise, I think it would look better with the WWII-style white bar emblem.
I agree, I think the cleaner, less-busy lines would help the eye focus on the CAP emblem in the middle. Also I've personally always preferred the WWII era roundel to the current USAF roundel.
No longer active on CAP talk

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: titanII on November 05, 2011, 12:16:00 AM
Quote from: Buzz on November 04, 2011, 10:05:55 PM
I agree, I think the cleaner, less-busy lines would help the eye focus on the CAP emblem in the middle. Also I've personally always preferred the WWII era roundel to the current USAF roundel.

A qualified agreement.

The WWII star-and-bar looked better on all-one-shade aircraft (silver, OD, Navy dark sea blue).  I don't think it would look as good on our birds' RWB schemes.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

SAR-EMT1

Am I correct in thinking that Vanguard sells a CAP saber ?
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

SARDOC

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"