Info/photos needed please

Started by Flying Pig, August 25, 2011, 01:51:28 AM

Flying Pig

I am in need of a couple photos of the surrogate predator plane. Interior and exterior.  We (at work) are reconfiguring our surveillance plane, a 2002 TC206H, either with a FLIR 8500FW or a SafireIII and I would like to see how the CAP planes were set up.  I also need to know who did the install work.  Thanks

If you would feel more comfortable sending them to a government LE work email, please let me know. I am pushing for the wing mount.  The CHP flies the MX15 on the fuselage and has had a few planes start developing structural cracks in the tails. 

Thanks

Huey Driver

I really don't know a whole lot about the Surrogate Predator mission, but here it is on 3 different aircraft-

With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...

Flying Pig

The bottom two are what I need.  Thank You Cadet Conlin.

Now If I can get someone to cough up a couple of the interior and who did the install I would appreciate it.

Eclipse

Every time I see that photo I wonder why there is glitter on the lens... ::)

"That Others May Zoom"

bosshawk

Rob: it seems to me that the install was done on the East Coast, somewhere.  Give National aircraft maintenance folks a call and you can likely find out who and where.  It was done on a National contract,  if I remember correctly.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

Flying Pig

Quote from: Eclipse on August 25, 2011, 02:35:20 AM

Every time I see that photo I wonder why there is glitter on the lens... ::)

Its not glitter.  Its the entrance to another dimension.

Flying Pig

OK,

So for you pilots/operators who fly it.  What do you think?  Do you like the wing mount?  I fly a similar size gimbal but its located on the fuselage like the FLIR in the first photo.  Any issues you notice flying?

SarDragon

It's a germanium lens, with a reddish tint, and you're seeing the reflection of the parking ramp.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

a2capt

The last thread that used those two words totally disappeared into the ether ..
Worst. Kept. Secret. Period.

NIN

Quote from: a2capt on August 25, 2011, 05:52:01 AM
The last thread that used those two words totally disappeared into the ether ..
Worst. Kept. Secret. Period.

What two words?  Substitute Carnivore?

/these aren't the droids you're looking for
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

lordmonar

Quote from: Flying Pig on August 25, 2011, 01:51:28 AM
I am in need of a couple photos of the surrogate predator plane. Interior and exterior.  We (at work) are reconfiguring our surveillance plane, a 2002 TC206H, either with a FLIR 8500FW or a SafireIII and I would like to see how the CAP planes were set up.  I also need to know who did the install work.  Thanks

If you would feel more comfortable sending them to a government LE work email, please let me know. I am pushing for the wing mount.  The CHP flies the MX15 on the fuselage and has had a few planes start developing structural cracks in the tails. 

Thanks
PM me with what sort of photos you want and I'll get them to you.

We are in the process of building the 206 which will be configured differently.

I can also get you the names of the outfits doing the install (it's actually three different contractors each doing a portion of the install).

As for the SP name.  National still has some problems with it.  We SP guys are working with them to come up with something suitable. 
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: lordmonar on August 26, 2011, 02:41:35 PM
I can also get you the names of the outfits doing the install (it's actually three different contractors each doing a portion of the install).

Are they all kept separate from each other and all parts have to be ordered in lots of 10,000 like Batman?

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

Quote from: Eclipse on August 26, 2011, 02:50:09 PM
Quote from: lordmonar on August 26, 2011, 02:41:35 PM

Are they all kept separate from each other and all parts have to be ordered in lots of 10,000 like Batman?

Not quite.

There is one contractor doing the CAP G-1000 and radio installs, there is one doing the modifications to the airframe and then L3 is installing the sensor package.

jimmydeanno

Might want a pic of the counterweight under the fuselage, too.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Flying Pig

RiverAux

Quote from: Flying Pig on August 25, 2011, 01:51:28 AM
I am in need of a couple photos of the surrogate predator plane.
You mean "full-motion video" plane?

jimmydeanno

Quote from: Flying Pig on August 26, 2011, 10:23:55 PM
Uh oh.....counterweight?

If you look under the plane with the pod on the wing you can see stuff hanging under the fuselage.  There's some "stuff" added under there to compensate for the huge anchor hanging off the wing.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

davidsinn

Quote from: jimmydeanno on August 27, 2011, 04:09:21 PM
Uh oh.....counterweight?

If you look under the plane with the pod on the wing you can see stuff hanging under the fuselage.  There's some "stuff" added under there to compensate for the huge anchor hanging off the wing.

You mean the downlink antenna?
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

PHall

Quote from: davidsinn on August 27, 2011, 04:19:01 PM
Quote from: jimmydeanno on August 27, 2011, 04:09:21 PM
Uh oh.....counterweight?

You mean the downlink antenna?

Trust me, there is no ballast on that plane. It needs every pound of useful load it can get!

lordmonar

There is a counter weight in the right wing and there is a roll trim tab.......and we do need ever pound we can get.